“All the right reasons to book this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Internacional Design Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua da Betesga 3 | Rossio, Lisbon 1100-090, Portugal   |
Ranked #12 of 218 hotels in Lisbon
Oakland, California
“All the right reasons to book this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Having been in 130 countries in 100's of hotels, this one is Outstanding for these reasons:
1. The staff is fabulous totally willing to help in any matter. Alex, the owner, personally came with me to help me drop my rental car. Manager Sara has a great team in all departments to assist you.
2. Location is perfect-just where all the action is. As a base to go out from to experience the wonderful area, we found our time well preservedd by being in the center of everything.
3. The breakfast offering is good. The staff is very efficient.
4. The room we had was fine.
5. The price was very competitive.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, Owner at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Sir

On Behalf of the entire team,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such a kind words. it is the best advertising we can have - Word of mouth.

I personally feel very proud about our staff. They are committed to provide the best service and experience both inside and outside the Hotel.

Please let me know about any future visit to our beautiful city, so I can assist you once again and provide you with a very pleasurable stay. This offer can be extended to your family and/or friends.

Warm regards,

809 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed in this hotel last week for 3 nights. I had a tribe theme room, which was very nice. Had a nice view to both plazas. Breakfast was very good. Helpful and friendly staff! Location was the best! Will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I_Design_Hotel, General Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all our staff I would like to thank you for the time you took to review our hotel.

Our breakfast is indeed a nice way to start your day of sightseeing and our location is perfect for the proximity and easy access to all the city’s main features.

We are eagerly waiting for your return, contact us if you need any assistance in preparing your trip.
Best regards,

Sara Freire
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I loved our room so much that I photographed it before we messed it up. Okay - so 60's style might not be everyone's cup of tea but that's okay because every floor has a different vibe with some being more tranquil and 'zen'.
The service was even more impressive than the room - the welcome we received was wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. Could we borrow an adapter plug? Certainly. Could we borrow an umbrella? No problem. Could I have an omelette made to my specifications? Of course. And so on...
The location could not have been better. You MUST stay here!

• Stayed October 2013
I_Design_Hotel, Owner at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your amazing review with such great compliments.

Lisbon is quickly transforming to become one of the trendiest cities in Europe by offering a great variety of interesting places and artistic concepts.

It makes my team and I very proud to know that our hotel was one of the best things you have experienced in Lisbon.

I hope we can welcome you once again,

Best Regards

New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We picked this hotel with Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.The location is superb, in the heart of the old city and easy walk to all amenities.
The hotel decor is moden and well done. Very quite for its location. Rooms were of a good size and very clean.
The staff were exceptional, helpful, and spoke good english.
Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I_Design_Hotel, Owner at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I´m very happy that you had a great stay in our Hotel.

Thanks you so much for your kind words.

Regards to New Zealand

Mbabane, Swaziland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Super modern hotel in centre of city. Small rooms - but modern with fun, quirky decor. Nice views of one of the main city squares from a minute balcony. Bath/Shower a bit awkward for older visitors. Gave us a great restaurant recommendation (Casa Nostra). Quick to find taxis for easy travel in Lisbon. Really comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing Internacional Design Hotel for your
recent stay in Lisbon.

I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our
hotel.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards from Lisbon

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here for four nights in October while visiting Lisbon. The hotel is located in a perfect location on Rossio Square. It is very easy to explore the entire city from here. Although the hotel is located on a busy street, it was still fairly quiet in the room. The hotel is unique as other reviewers have mentioned and the breakfast was one of the best we had in Portugal. The problems that one reviewer said about breakfast are those that can happen anywhere - waiting for a table, running out of some items. We thougth the breakfast was great! The staff was also very accomodating. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but still very adequate for two. Would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I_Design_Hotel, Assistant Front Office Manager at Internacional Design Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased you enjoyed our prime location, and the quietness in our rooms, despite the street noises that are common in every major city centers.

On your next visit you should try our bigger room types, such as Medium or Large. Contact me directly so I can help you find one suiting your needs and preferences.

Warm Regards from Lisbon

Nuno Matos Lopes
Assistant Front Office Manager
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

There could hardly be a better place from which to really experience Lisbon. Excellent hospitality and service. Very helpful, efficient and friendly staff - always ready and kind.

The room was good. The bed was a dream - fluffy, clean, soft, best sleep in years. The location couldn't be better. It is close to the most beautiful places in Lisbon, as well as to the main attractions.

I was not expecting the breakfast to be this good!! Every morning I would wake up in a hurry to not miss the amazing breakfast :)

I would come back here again in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us, we are always very pleased when our guests had such a pleasant time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you come to Lisbon, so I can show you the different themes on each floor.

Hope to see you soon

Best regards,

Nuno Matos Lopes
Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to Internacional Design Hotel? Share your experiences!