You can't beat the location of this beautiful hotel. At Rossio square, you are steps from the metro, Rossio train station, meeting points for tours, and central to all of the city's main attractions. The suites have all of the modern comforts and conveniences you need. The building's exterior has beautiful architectural features and is easy to spot from a distance. The location may be a bit of a disadvantage at times because you're in a tourist trap area, but it's worth it to save on transport. As a general rule, avoid a meal in the area. The neighbouring cafes in the square however are great for drinks and people watching.
The breakfast exceeded my expectations, with both hot and cold choices and an elaborate spread. The breakfast room is bright thanks to its large windows, with amazing views of Rossio square.
There is free water, a welcome drink per guest in the hotel bar, and a Nespresso coffee machine. Some people have complained that the rooms are too small, but I guess they haven't experienced many other hotel rooms outside of North America because I found it to be quite standard. I stayed in a cocoon room and didn't feel cramped in the least. You can pay extra for a larger room. I wouldn't consider myself a budget traveler, but I don't understand why anyone would spend the extra money for more space during a temporary visit that you could otherwise spend on another bottle of wine or port! Perhaps if a room with a view is important to you, but I don't spend much time indoors.
The staff, like everyone I've met so far in Portugal, are incredibly friendly and helpful. The service is outstanding.
Don't look any further...just stay here!
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Design Lisbon
- Hotel Internacional Design
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoying the best possible location in Lisbon, this modern boutique design hotel is born, like a phoenix, from the ancient structures of one of the first luxury hotels in Portugal. The daring use of the colour Lilac in its façade, right on the traditional Rossio Square, denounce to the world the purposes of reinvention and exclusivity offered to a happy few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere, Escapio, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Internacional Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.