“Air conditioning not sufficient during hot summer” 4 of 5 stars

VIP Executive Suites Marques Aparthotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Duque de Loule, 45, Lisbon 1050-086 , Portugal   |
Ranked #155 of 217 Hotels in Lisbon
Dublin, Ireland
“Air conditioning not sufficient during hot summer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

We were assigned a room where the air conditioning wasn't working at all. After we complained about it they changed us to a twin bedroom because it was the only one available. This made me really upset because we had booked 6 months in advance! Despite this inconvenience, the room was huge! Breakfast is delicious and with many different options! Staff very helpful.
Internet in the lobby is very slow. Swimming pool on rooftop is small and we found a broken bottle in the pool area. Overall a good stay. I would came back!

Room Tip: If going in the summer, try to request a room with good air conditioning.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

The location is very near to the city centre but nearby, all the restaurants are closed and the hotel doesn't provide lunch or dinner, so you have to move to the center. The apartment/room is huge and very clean.. The staff is very unfriendly (like a receptionist), except somebody. The breakfast is from 7 am until 11 am..and there are a lot of things to eat, for different tastes. Overall the hotel is quite good but it's not the excellence..you can find something better!!

Stayed October 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

From the positive side rooms are large. Hmm guess that was about it. Carpets were stained, safe didn't work, pool was filthy, wifi only sometimes and really slow, kitchen facilities not for families travelling with children. But Lissabon is great!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Turku, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

The hotel is shabby and needs desperately a facelift. Rooms are large but the furnishing and carpeting are so old that I was a little disgusted walking barefoot in the room - only fresh place in the room is the bathroom. Free safety deposit in the room is a plus, and cleaning is very good too. Staff are helpful and polite, and the location of the hotel is great - approx. 300 meters from the metro stop. The rooftop is little dated too but it was nice to spend some tanning time there, because you won't find a beach in Lisbon and swimmingpools are very rare type of refreshment in Lisbon hotels. If you don't ask for much this hotel is suited for you. Our holiday trip included also other countries and cities than not just Lisbon, and therefore I'm not sorry for choosing this hotel for our stay in Lisbon, but if the case was about only having a short holiday break in Lisbon I would definitely choose another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Peel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a large family room which consisted of a lounge and a bedroom . The lounge doubles as another bedroom. There is a 4 person table with chairs and a sink with hot plates, cutlery, crockery and pans. There was separate air conditioning in the bedroom and lounge

There was free Internet in the hotel, though it wasn't good for streaming, perfectly adequate for email and checking where to go next.

These rooms would benefit from having a fridge freezer, kettle and an appropriate amount of cutlery and crockery for the amount of guests.

Staff are friendly and efficient, I reported a fault with the bathroom sink and it was fixed by the time we returned after going for a walk.

I would recommend this hotel for its location for attractions, metro stations and size of family rooms.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a fantatic two weeks in Portugal, and was going to round it all off at this hotel in Lisbon. What a huge disappointment! I can honestly not really think of anything that lived up to the expectations or the 4 stars. The biggest disappointment for the kids was the rooftop "pool", hadly more than a bathtub, and dirty. The entire hotel needs a refurbishment, and until that has happened it is barely a 2-star hotel. There are plenty of other NICE places to stay in Lisbon, so avoid this one if you can.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oslos, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My stay at VIP Executive Suites Marques Aparthotel was one of the most unpleasant hotel-stays I have ever experienced, and therefore I am not telling you to avoid this hotel at all costs if you have a choice.
At Booking.com it is rated 4 stars, if I was to rate it i would give it a 1.5 maximum 2 stars.
The location of the hotel is pretty central so you don't need to take a taxi if you want to go out for dinner etc.
This is the only reason why I can't rate it a disastrous 0-1 star.
The first thing that met me was a decent looking lobby, but it struck me how empty the place seemed. The staff at the hotel seemed dead and showed no such thing as excitement or even a personality, they rather resembled a look of embarrassment and guilt for not warning me about how utterly shabby this place truly was. However they were quite effective and I quickly got to my room. My room was on the second floor, and the first thing that hit me as I walked out of the elevator was how dark and dirty the hallways were. As I opened the door to my room the whole place smelled like cigarettes. While I explored my room I found out that there was a lot of things that didn't work properly or at all.. Firstly, the shower.. the shower head was leaking, the bathtub drain was blocked and if that wasn't enough there was also a lot of mould covering the cracks between the tiles.
As I lied down on the bed, deciding to relax while watching some TV I felt very uncomfortable, both with the fact that the mattress was way to firm and that I was now sharing the bed with a colony of ants. As I press the on-button on the remote control nothing happened.. the remote was broken. Once I got up and turned the TV on, it only worked for about a minute before it shut down.. Also the description said that there was Wifi everywhere in the hotel, My room didn't have wifi, the hallways didn't have wifi, the elevator didn't have wifi.. in fact the only place in the hotel with wifi was behind the counter down in the reception..
After two weeks of just perfection in Portugal this hotel ruined my last day and I am so disappointed . Lisbon itself is an incredible town and I REALLY enjoyed it... apart from this one hotel that really really disappointed.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in another hotel, honestly: you do not want to stay at this hotel.. escape while...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to VIP Executive Suites Marques Aparthotel? Share your experiences!