“Hotel Jorge V” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 226 Hotels in Lisbon
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Hotel Jorge V”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

located close to the city center, comfortable, large and quite rooms, excellent breakfast,
high speed Wi-Fi, nice staff.
bed very comfortable.
I would choose to stay here again without a doubt.
Hotel is close to the train and bus stations and easy to reach the old city center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hotel well located, quiet area, relatively close to the center (two subway / bus stations), clean, safe, very friendly staff, available for help.Breakfast is varied and very good, except the fruit juice that is not natural. But sweets are brilliant, the best quality.
Hotel ideal for those who come to Lisbon to see the city not to stay in the hotel becouse is not that does not have restaurant or other services ....
Preferably room with balcony ....

Room Tip: Room with balcony, upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Although this is only 3 star hotel everything was very good. It is located at the quiet street and we had no problems with traffic noise. Sound profing was excellent. All rooms facing this street have balcony that is nice. The room was clean. The breakfast was OK. Maybe the only issue was WiFi - as we stayed at the 6th floor the WiFi was weak.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Coffs Harbour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We enjoyed our 10 night stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate. The little bar was a good spot for a beer or a small port after a long day.
Location was excellent with lots of choices for meals nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Warsaw
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I would like to share with you my recent catastrophe experience with Jorge V Hotel in Lisbon. To be honest I made an official complaint at Jorge V hotel in Lisbon where I have been robbed and my money has been stolen. To describe situation: I was staying at the hotel between 5th and 12th of July. When I arrived to the hotel I put my Polish money (why to carry with me in Portugal?) into a plastic bag and located it into my suitcase in the pocket which was not opened to the public. While checking out I took out the bag and it turned out the notes were stolen (around 50EUR in Polish zloty currency) while the coins remained. To take this money someone had to deeply look through my stuff into the suitcase which claims a violation of my privacy so as theft of my belongings. I spoke to the reception desk clerk so as to the manager on the day of my check out, July the 12th, 10:30 a.m. local time and both refused to admit the crime as they were claiming I should have to put the objects of any value to the safe box (I was just wondering, If I would have considered all my stuff valuable objects, should I have been putting all of them to the safe box? And what is more important, I did not put the money into the safe box, but it did not change the fact I have been robbed and my privacy has been violated). I have been offered to call the Police but as I had to leave to the airport at 11:00 a.m. I resigned from it. To summarize: I understand I did not put my money into the safe box, but to take them it needed an extension exploration of my suitcase staying at the hotel, thus my privacy has been violated. Such a fact has happened to me the first time in my life, though I have been traveling all over the world. At the end, while I was leaving the hotel, the hotel staff did not respond "good bye" to me. The situation was catastrophically handled with their side and they did not even bother to reply "good bye". I could not believe the treatment I had been through there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

5 mins will take you a short walk past all the top designer shops in lisbon to the main square nice breakfasts, airport bus stops on the avenue liberdade 200 meters away from the hotel tourist yellow bus stops at this stop as well also many resteraunts as you enter the square
to left hand side best one was italian loved lisbon arthur fr4om dublin ps staff in hotel very good

Room Tip: all rooms quiet as this is in the banking center
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Carrollton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This reasonably priced smallish hotel is a good location for walking to many of the sites in Lisbon. It's one block from the beautiful Avenida de Libertab and walking south down the Avenida leads to access to George's castle, the ocean and other tourist sites. We enjoyed having breakfast and an afternoon coffee or drink at one of the many cafes along the Avenida and dinner/drinks at Guilty which is around the corner from the hotel. We did not eat at the hotel.
The rooms are small as in many hotels in Europe and the beds are hard. Sometimes the street noise was loud enough to wake us up. The staff was very helpful and politely answered our many questions. For the price paid we were satisfied with this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Jorge V? Share your experiences!