“Really liked this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Lisbon

You added InterContinental Lisbon to your Saves list
InterContinental Lisbon
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Castilho, 149, Lisbon 1099-034, Portugal (Formerly Tiara Park Atlantic Lisboa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 226 Hotels in Lisbon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Longmont, Colorado
“Really liked this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our room was on the 17th floor overlooking the park and very quiet. The bed was so comfortable that I had trouble leaving it in the morning. Breakfast was worth getting out bed for - a variety of fresh fruit, cheese & meat, pastries, cereal, juices, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, etc. After one day of sightseeing we were too tired to go out or go to the main dining room so we had a light supper in the bar area. Nice to have this option. The rest of our dinners were at local restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel service was 5 star. This hotel is within walking distance of a wonderful museum - the Gulbenkian Museum. Take a taxi home because it is all uphill. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I originally planned to be in Lisbon for only one night, and the search was on for just the right hotel. I had to be sure I would feel safe alone, and it had easy access to the airport and downtown, Baixa, area. I wanted somewhere luxurious, yet affordable, and this looked like just the place!

I LOVED my room! The room was warm and cozy, but not small by any means. The view, well it was so extraordinary that I really didn't want to leave the room! I was on the top floor and the view went over the city to the river, with even a bit of the 25th of April bridge in view. It was beautiful at sunset, at night and at sunrise. Gorgeous view and I did find I had a hard time sleeping because I didn't want to miss a minute of the view!

I felt like a sandwich when I did wake up, and since I don't adapt easily to the time changes. There wasn't any problem getting a club sandwich delivered in the morning by room service and I really appeciated that. It was delicious and just what I needed to start my day.

The service from the time the taxi dropped me off was excellent. I'd called ahead of time, nervous about making the trip from the airport alone and the very kind concierge told me how much to expect the fare to be, from 10 - 15 euros and said if it was any more, to go inside and get one of them to help me. I really appreciated that. The fare was 16 euros, which made sense because I did arrive in afternoon traffic. I appreciated the time the staff took with me, I had some special requests and everyone, including the manager Raquel, was very kind and helpful. I appreciated that so much, when traveling alone it is hard sometimes when you don't speak the language and that wasn't a problem there. Everytime I got a taxi, the kind bellman made sure the driver knew where I was going in Portuguese. I did end up with most drivers who did speak some English, but that wasn't always true on previous visits, so it helped me to have that kindness.

I decided to stay longer in Lisbon and this hotel was booked on the additional days, so I had the opportunity to stay in another hotel too, but it was very hard to give up that fabulous view when it was time to leave!

This is a great hotel, with a great staff and great views, so I do highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed for two nights prior to boarding a Wind Star cruise. Hotel is upscale in design and service. It deserves a five star rating. Very lush linens and bath amenities. The only draw back for us was that there was no outdoor area to sit and enjoy the view of the city. It is located on a hill so the walk back could be difficult after a long day of sightseeing. Skip the restaurant for breakfast, visit local cafes instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park or river...it is worth it.
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a visit to Lisbon and wasn't disappointed. The hotel is very nice, rooms good and the staff very helpful and friendly.
The breakfast was a big disappointment though, very little choice and everything cold.
The location of the hotel is quiet but close enough to the main attractions and night life areas, but not too close. We chose to walk most places but taxis are very cheap and the metro is very close by so very easy to get around.
The concierge was very helpful with recommending where to go and we were able to purchase tickets to the Aquariam (would recommend) at the hotel which if you are going I would recommend you doing as the queues can be quite long.
Really enjoyed our stay here and really liked Lisbon

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is great and deserves a 5 star rating. Especially the beds are very comfortable and very spacious. The check in desk could be better located as you really have to look for it. Also this 5 star hotel should get a swimming pool as summers in Portugal can be quite warm. The breakfast is really amazing and you have a lot of choice. The location of the hotel is quite okay, a cab will take you to the main streets in about 3 minutes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Previously a regular visitor to this hotel for business travel and was more than happy to recommend it. Stayed in September for a personal leisure trip.

Normally I chose to stay at Lisbon city centre (near Roisso) for leisure but based on the pleasant experience I had during my business trip I decided to give Tiara a try. It turned out to be a fantastic choice.

I am a light sleeper and the problem with city centre hotel is the traffic noise. Tiara hotel is extremely quiet, yet it is only about 5-10 minute walk into the shopping and dining area. The walk itself was very pleasant and not a hard work at all. The rooms are well equipped, with probably the best view of Lisbon from your window. The rooms are bright and airy, which is what you need in a city full of sunshine.

Service in the hotel has been consistently good. I was especially impressed with the breakfast. Tania was the waitress serving our table and she was very friendly and caring. This is also the case to all the breakfast staff in the restaurant. What a way to start your day with good choice of food and a smile! I also had a lunch at the hotel restaurant with friends and everyone was very happy with the food and service. I read some previous comment on the high price of breakfast. In fact during my trips in Portugal I feel it’s good value for money – a lot of bread, cooked food, cold food, various juice (love the watermelon juice) and fresh juices, sparkling wine. It’s lavish!

I have no hesitation recommending this hotel for both business and leisure purpose. This is the place that you feel comfortable and keep coming back.

Room Tip: Get an executive room with view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and were delighted. Our room was clean, classy, and spacious. The staff were also helpful and knowledgeable. They also have a business center with free internet access (my husband and I traveled stayed at two other hotels in Portugal as we were traveling cross-country and in London) and all our other hotels charged for usage. The hotel is situated a bit on a hill and unless walking was difficult for someone, we didn't mind it at all because you walk down a main road which is quite pretty and has lots of shopping. It was about 10 min. to the old town. Taxis to just about anywhere from the hotel were 5 euros. The only downside to the hotel was the cost of the breakfast (10 euros for sliced meat, breads and jams) and increasingly more for other items. Besides that, we loved it and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Lisbon? Share your experiences!