“Ok for a hostel...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #90 of 246 Specialty Lodging in Lisbon
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Ok for a hostel...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The rooms are spacious, minimal and contemporary, the bedding and the toilets were clean.

Apart from that the service was terrible. I called at 4pm asking for a room and the boy who is dealing with the place said he would be there in 2 hours - ??? We needed to drop off our bags to go out and had to wait - the only reason we stayed was because of the decent price and it was very close to our friends house.

Here go some more detailed descriptions of the service... :
When we got to the main road it was incredibly difficult to find it - there is no sign! The building door was open so we went straight in, and when we got to just outside the flat's door we ring the bell ... knock on the door ... ring the bell ... repeatedly, i then need to call the boy again who said something like "oh just a second" and comes to open the door in the most relaxed manner ... AND THEN asks me why didnt i ring the bell downstairs because the one up "here" doesn't work"!!! I couldnt believe it - as i would've known that??

The breakfast had nice fresh coffee but the bread wasn't good anymore and the cutlery was dirty...

I guess it's a good place to stay if you don't care for breakfast, have earplugs (that is why I am not complaining about the noise, otherwise I'm sure I would), and catch them on a good day of service and dont need to wait 2 hours to come over .... At the end of the day it's a hostel so if you're young and just need a place to crash for the night then it's fine

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Travelling
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights at the beginning of December. The location was fine, the bed was very comfortable and place was very clean but too noisy, too cold, toilets and showers too small.

There's nothing to absorb noise from hallways and other rooms. You can hear every little thing - even now at 02h40 as I write this, I can hear people talking in another room. Far worse than almost any other hostel I've been in.

Too cold - it was December 1st and altough I realize they can't control the weather, when I got there in the evening, a window in my room was open, the living room balcony door was open, the hallway window was open. Sorry but when it's cold outside, generally the windows should be closed. When I asked for some heat I was told they only turn it on in the dead of winter. Huh??? To be fair, it was turned on in my room for a number of hours and I asked for and received a 2nd duvet but it was so cold, the only place to be was under the covers. I had tried to sit in the living room but my fingers turned blue.

There are 2 toilets with 1 sink for a 6 or 7 dorm room place. The toilet cubicles are miniscule. I'm a slender 5'9" and I could barely fit.

There are 3 small showers (again for a 6 or 7 dorm room place). Hooks to hang clothes and towel are on the outside of shower stalls. Fine for single-gender use but this is a mixed shower room.

Breakfast on the one morning was non-existent but I was given a reduced rate to make up for that. Several times had problems with various keys that only sometimes or never worked.

To reiterate, the location is OK, the bed was comfortable and the place was clean but I'm afraid I have to say there are much better choices in Lisbon and at least 2 others that I tried were better for less money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Like mentioned in earlier posts, the hostel is in a great area, very close to the metro and at a top floor. Now, not too worry! You do not have to go up by stairs (unless you want to), the elevator will take you right there. The whole place is super spotless and well organized. The staff are just brilliant and makes us feel at home. Had the best time around here.

Thanks guys!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've been staying at Fusions Hostel for 5 nights in March 2012.
My boyfriend and I were in a double room.
It has been an extremely pleasant stay.
The hostel is stylish, cosy and clean.
The rooms are wide and very nice - I was with my boyfriend in a double room.
The care-taker is such a friendly and helpful guy.
The price includes a good breakfast.
The position is good as the hostel is very close the underground station of Campo Pequeno.
I'd definitely recommend this place to everyone aiming to enjoy the unique atmosphere of Lisbon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fusions Hostel? Share your experiences!