“New Years Eve” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 219 hotels in Lisbon
Oldham, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night on New Years Eve.

Room excellent except too hot and air con did not seem to work properly.

Breakfast adequate. Having walked around Lisbon I was suffering from a bad ankle. When we entered for breakfast the chap on the desk made the service lift available for me to get back to our room so I did not have to walk up to reception and get the normal lift which was a very nice gesture. All the staff were polite, pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisbon-Continental, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feed back.
We regret any inconvenience caused with the air cond.
Hope you get better and had a pleasant trip back home.
Kind regards
GM

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale, Arizone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I agree with other who rate this hotel excellent and can add little to their comments. Our three nights there was a great value for the price paid. Rooms clean, good tv, nice staff, and bed was comfortable. I like that it had faux wood floors which make it easy to judge how clean they were. We had one small problem and it was resolved immediately by a manager in a most professional manor. To me there were two small negatives-- The bathroom extras were almost none existant. Soap and shampoo were both in push containers (not worthy of four star property) and the bed pillows were of poor quality even if there are firm and soft on each bed. Good area, near metro, and found a couple of good ones in area, there was an excellent fish restaurant just a block away (sorry but not have name, but think it is nearest restaurant to hotel). If you can get a good rate take it you will not go wrong. I base excellent given the quality for price paid. It is not the Ritz, but it is probably 75% or more less. Would, for sure, choose this property in future.

Room Tip: Ask for front as view is a little better, however planes taking off from airport might be problem fo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and your feed back.
The comments of our Guests are very important to improve our Service,
Please apologize anything that was not your expectations.
kind regards
GM
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was 3 days for vacation in this holiday inn. I ve got a very good price.
My stay was plesant. The rooms had a good size and they were newer than I thought.
Everything was clean.
The check inn agent was also very nice.
Its is next to the airport but not direct in the center.
Taxi from airport is 8 Euro, to the center also around 8.
The negative things:
No upgrade for platinum member.
Internet very bad connection (but free due my status)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We reserved a room at this hotel only because we get priority club points, and it also fulfilled two p.c. promotions, giving us a lot of extra points.
I was very hesitant, since we always insist on staying in a city center, as we like to eat dinner and walk around til late, and like to be able to walk right back to our hotel.
We were pleasantly surprised, as check in was quick and the young man (Jose, I believe) was pleasant, friendly and helpful.
The price couldn't be better, very inexpensive for Europe, and the area wasn't bad at all.
Granted it wasn't in the center, but neither was it a poor, remote area.
There was a supermarket nearby, where we shopped.
There was also a wonderful Chinese buffet nearby and after being at the trade show, eating in town, and being out, we relaxed there.
The hotel was quite nice.
The highlight was that after two nights, they moved us to an upgraded room because of platinum and what a room! Large bedroom, hall with fridge, large bathroom and another room with tv, sofa, table and chairs, and coffee, etc. Plenty of space for our luggage so it wasnt cluttering the floor. We didn't want to leave!
The beds were so comfortable, and we had everything we needed.
A 5 minute walk brought us to the bus where we hopped on a 10 minute ride right into the center.
We felt very safe doing this even late at night as the area had many things still open and plenty of people walking around at all hours.
No sweat at all, and the walk was nice. We did this many times, and even early in the morning, in order to catch tours on two different days.
Inside Lisbon will also pick you up at H.I.C. for their day tours, and drop you back.

Room Tip: If you're platinum, ask for an upgrade. They were very good on following through with their pro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nicely appointed four star hotel which is located close to the airport and public transport but a very long walk from the city centre. The rooms were exceptionally clean and because the floors are made from hard wood, any allergy sufferers may find this a great solution to questionable carpet. Room check in and out was a quick and painless and the reception desk staff were always available to set-up tickets for tour buses to out of city. Tour buses pick up at hotel front. If you're into Bull fights (I'm not) then the hotel is across the road from Lisbon's major arena.
Hotel bar was modern, comfortable and average prices.
If you are comfortable with traveling on the subway/buses then getting downtown is very simple and bus # 727 will take you from near the hotel all the way to Belem (a must) and back for 3.50 euros. A nearby restaurant to the hotel, Valbom, was terrific value and quality (see restaurant review)

Room Tip: As this hotel structure is built in an arc, the outside rooms ending in an even number are larger th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LIVERPOOL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

i stayed at this hotel 30´th october 2012 the rooms could not fault, staff and service excellent the only down side was the meals they need to improve and bring up to the hotel standards i rate the evening meal poor and bland cleanliness excellent i would stay there again but eat out.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good no balconies what i could see
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lisbon-Continental, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Marvin,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.
I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided and I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms.
I would like to apologize for the meal insatisfaction. I assure you that it will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate department.
We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.
kind regards
Brasilia, DF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The main reason that make me not recomend the hotel is something that might be related not only to this hotel, but others from Holiday inn, so be aware. Eventhough I am a priority member, I had made the reservation almost six months in advance and I had received an email a week before my stay confirming the reservation, on the evening before I received an email from the hotel saying that my reservation could be canceled because they were not able to charge my card. Of course they couldn´t because in six months, my card has changed its number. Question: why they tried to to that just in the last moment? And what if I were in a flight and could not read the email? Answer: Arrive in Lisbon without any hotel! Big problem!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Francisco,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay.
I am sorry your stay was negatively affected by our reservation issue. I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.
If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards
Alice Bancaleiro

Been to Holiday Inn Lisbon - Continental? Share your experiences!