The Sheraton is first class in every way. The staff, the rooms, the exquisite spa, the lobby are all most welcoming and beautiful. Although it is the tallest building in Lisbon, you don't get
a big hotel's anonymous feel. It feels pretty initimate, actually. The rooms are not the biggest, by American standards, but they feel luxurious due to beautiful decorating. The bathtub is six feet long and really deep. There is an electric hot pot to make tea or instant coffee, fluffy cottom bathrobes, and a comfortable leather easy chair. The beds are exceptionally comfortable. However, you cannot use the minibar for a fridge for your own stuff, because it is computerized and bills you if you move anything. The location is quite good, plenty close enough to everything you want to see, because Lisbon taxies are
not expensive and the metro is right by the Sheraton, also. Although the Sheraton's building is newer, the surrounding are is full of beautiful characteristic smaller buidings, full of lots of small cafes and even a great small supermarket called Pingo nearby. You can eat very reasonably and authentically in the cafes (called pastelarias) nearby, which are not simply bakeries but also serve the Portuguese equivalant of plate lunches, available for dinner, as well. I loved getting the local fresh grilled fish dinner, which is a small whole fish with boiled potatos and broccoli or green beans for
about 8 euros. Of course, you can also get the same meal at more upscale places and pay more for the same thing...we did that, too, and the fresh fish was wonderful every time. For breakfast in the little pastelarias, you
will pick pastries from the glass case, and your closest approximation of American coffee will be cafe con leite, which comes premixed with milk in a pretty small size cup...
even though you are ordering their largest cup! The cost for two persons, less than 5 euros. After a few mornings of this, getting an American style big carafe of black coffee with the milk in a little pitcher alongside at the Sheraton because a necessity (15 euros for pastries and two pots of coffee). Now then, is it worth it to pay for the Club Floor, which includes the lavish breakfast buffet and afternoon snacks for about $50 U.S. more? I peeked in the Club Room, it was pretty small and I did not see anybody eating snacks. It was full of airline personnel. However, if you are going to gorge on the breakfast buffet, it will cost you 23 euros each if you have not booked the Club Floor. There are five computers in the lobby that guests can use for free by getting the code from the reception desk, but internet in your room is not free. There is an upscale shopping mall diagonally across from the Sheraton. Having stayed previously at the York House and the Holiday Inn Continental, the Sheraton is the best choice. The York House is about the same price in a beautifully converted convent, but it does not provide equal services and the location, although more historic, is not more convenient.
The Holiday Inn Continental is much cheaper, but the location is much farther north of center near Campo Pequeno, and the quality of the furnishings is not what I expect of a 4 star. It did have English TV, coffee maker, and mini bar you could use for a fridge. It is a perfectly nice hotel in good condition, popular with business people
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely refurbished combining modern elegance and simple relaxing design, the hotel is located in one of the city's most prestigious business districts. Only 15 minutes from Lisbon's International Airport, the Sheraton is easily accessible by train, bus, subway or car, with fabulous shopping, theatres, art museums, and nightlife just a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Sheraton Lisboa Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Lisbon
- Lisbon Sheraton