“Great business hotel, lush rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
3 nights for 2 from €92
Ranked #48 of 217 Hotels in Lisbon
London, United Kingdom
“Great business hotel, lush rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Very pleasant hotel. I stayed in a room with a fantastic view over Lisbon (and I expect many rooms have similarly great views as it's a high rise).

The bed was comfortable, the room was extremely clean and felt very luxurious. The ambience was a bit 'James Bond', with a dark carpet, electronic blinds and a glass bathroom - you could open or close the electronic blinds on that, too, depending on how much privacy you wanted!

I stayed on business and felt the room was a real haven of calm that I could retreat to. There was no noise whatsoever and it felt luxurious and relaxing. Nice marble sink, etc, everything very beautifully done and clean. The staff also seemed helpful. I did find myself wondering what on earth I would do on my honeymoon, if I am staying in such nice places for work!

I think we got a special rate, but I don't think I could normally afford the prices here. Certainly the mini-bar was well out of my reach, with prices I thought were extortionate! Not so fussed about the hotel buffet, though - although that was probably because I am vegetarian and Portuguese cuisine is not ideally suited...

All in all, a fabulous stay. Beautiful room, pleasant ambience, helpful staff. Downside? Probably the price, and maybe also the location (as I say, it wasn't an issue for me) - you may want to consider how important these are to you. But it was a lovely hotel...

• Liked — The gorgeous room
  • Disliked — That I couldn't enjoy it more as I had to work!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Basingstoke, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

We arrived at the Sheraton on Boxing Day. Efficient check-in. We had booked a room on the Club floor. Very nice room, on the 21st floor, with great views over the city. We took breakfasts in the main dining room, and the food was excellent, with a large choice. The staff throughout the hotel were almost always friendly, helpful and efficient.
The hotel is well located, about 20 minutes' walk from the centre; sometimes there's a short wait for taxis, although usually there are ones available in a rank outside the hotel.
Only two gripes;
1. One of the reasons for taking a Club room is access to the Club Lounge. You expect the complimentary drinks in the Club Lounge to be readily available, and when they're not, and you've pointed it out to the staff, for the matter to be remedied relatively quickly. It wasn't.
2. We were with some friends in the hotel's Panoramic Bar. Our total order was two local lagers, one brandy, two Jack Daniels and two glasses of sparkling wine, plus one club sandwich. Total cost 90 Euros!! Even before the pound sank to parity with the Zimbabwean dollar, that's still extremely expensive.

Recommendation, stay at this excellent hotel, but avoid having their overpriced drinks in the bar.

• Liked — Good room, great views, mostly efficient and helpful staff
  • Disliked — Drink prices in the bar
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

We just come back from Lisboa where we stayed at the Sheraton. Hotel is very nice, 10 minutes from downtown by bus. We liked the design very much. Rooms are large and clean. Staff is friendly. Gym is ok.

We just regret that you have to pay 10 € each for the sauna/hammam/pool. I think it should be free for the customers of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

LOCATION: The location seemed better for business travelers rather than tourists. However, there is a metro close by. Otherwise, walked to the old city from the hotel in about 30 minutes.

HOTEL: The hotel was recently renovated in a very nice modern look. Public areas are very clean.

ROOM: The room and bathroom had great amenities. Very spacious. Unique modern look. Comfortable bed and pillows. Flat screen TV. Glass wall separates bed area and bathroom. (Don't worry, there are blinds if you need them).

DINING: Hotel dining is very pricey, but the selections looked good. Stay away from restaurants in touristy areas. Ask for advise from locals.

CITY: Must see the Castle, go to Belem, and take a an old Tram.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Booked a club room and that was one of the best hotel rooms I have ever had (not talking about suites).

Excelent service, also... pitty I had to leave for an early flight.

• Liked — The service!
  • Disliked — Internet not for free...
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights and very much enjoyed my stay. The decor is modern and stylish, the windows can be opened for some fresh air which I like. The spa and pool area is lovely - you do need to pay 10 euros per day to use it but I don't think it's excessive given the quality of the facilities. The bathrooms are nice - with a clear window from the bath into the hotel room which is novel. The bath itself was nice and big and perfect for relaxing in.The breakfast was fantastic quality and range. Staff at check in and out were generally efficient and friendly. The concierge was also very helpful and booked us in to a fantastic restaurant in the old town area. There was a roof top bar with a great view which we frequented quite a lot. Drinks were expensive but pretty standard for a 5 star hotel. My only complaint was the automatic mini-bar which added many items to my room which I did not consume. However obviously the staff are used to this problem as they quickly removed everything from my bill which was not mine without batting an eyelid. Overall I thought it was great and would stay again.

• Liked — Quality of rooms, breakfast, spa facilities
  • Disliked — Price of drinks
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Macau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

I stayed only 1 night, during a short stop-over between two intercontinental flights. The room was large, modern, clean and very, very confortable. So was the bathroom. I also liked the breakfast and found the staff eficient. Unfortunatelly I had no time to try the swimming poll or the spa. I wish I could have stayed longer. The location is rather central, though not in the very heart of the city. There's a subway station near by.

Stayed June 2008

Been to Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!