“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 217 Hotels in Lisbon
Atlanta, Ga
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Sheraton in Lisbon three nights in September 2013. It is a short walk away from Liberdad but I didn't mind it at all. Good restaurants within walking distance. Hotel and rooms all very comfortable. Great service. Great breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
ACPereira, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your recent stay in Lisbon. We are grateful for your positive comments about our hotel and the service provided. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The front desk staff was extremely understanding and made many calls for us regarding our lost luggage. They got us into a room early so we could sleep and then upgraded us to a suite later in the day! What a an unexpected treat!

Also, the room and hallway design are really interesting. I enjoyed the subdued atmosphere, stylish furnishings and modern design.

The professionalism of the lounge staff, restaurant staff, concierge and front desk was very high.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, We are delighted to hear that you have fully enjoyed your stay with us and that you have considered the service provided by our staff as excellent. Indeed very rewarding for the Team to receive such compliments. Hope you really do come back in a not too distant future. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager.
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Sheraton Lisbon has been one of the better Sheraton hotels I have stayed at. The check-in process was flawless and I was kindly greeted upon my arrival. My luggage was taken by the bellhop I didn't have to worry about it arriving at my room. My theory is if you greet someone with a smile they will treat you so much nicer than if you arrive as an upset or grumpy customer. I have read other Trip Advisor entries where guests complained about the check-in process. No problems here.

The lobby was modern and clean, with several places to sit and relax in comfortable chairs and sofas. It is an ideal place to meet people going on city tours. There's a small bar in the lobby. I had a glass of prosecco while waiting to be picked up for a tour guide one evening. The bartender didn't seem like a very friendly person. He seemed like he was probably at the end of his day, just waiting to go home.

Further on in the lobby area is a restaurant. This is where I had my breakfast every morning. The breakfast buffet was complete and had everything one could desire for breakfast. I particularly liked the fresh squeezed orange juice. Breakfast was usually very busy with many hotel guests. Service was friendly and I was greeted with a smile and thanked for my patronage.

I stayed in an executive suite located on the 23rd floor. The room was very modern, very clean and most comfortable to stay in. There was a gorgeous view overlooking Lisbon from this height. The executive suite is comprised of two very spacious rooms; the first room is a sitting area with comfortable armchairs, sofas and a writing desk with media hookups. The room also featured a very nice Bang & Olufsen flat screen television that offered numerous international television programs. Oddly, there was a small extra bathroom in this sitting area. Had the bellhop not showed me where this is, I would not have noticed it since it blended into the overall design of the wall.

Both rooms have electronic dark out blinds which adequately darkened the rooms during daytime hours. The bathroom had all the amenities one could desire in a hotel of this class. There was a marble shower and the wonderful nozzle provided a strong and constant pressure. There was a super large bathtub for bathing and dual sinks. Plumbing fixtures were modern and worked well. The guest sleeper bed was very comfortable and featured quality linens, mattress and pillows.

My room was super soundproof as I heard no noise from surrounding rooms either above me or out in the hallway. Street noise could not be heard at this level except for occasional passing emergency vehicles with sirens wailing. I received turndown service every day; my bed was refreshed, used bathroom towels replaced and the room tidied up. I enjoyed this special touch and it enhanced my overall visit to Sheraton Lisbon. The bathroom towels were large and comfortable.

There was a Nescafe espresso machine in my room. There were café capsules for making espresso anytime you wanted. This was a super nice touch because, living in Italy, I drink espresso several times during the day.

I found nothing special about the Club Lounge. It was rather small and places to sit were often occupied. The food items that were out during happy hour were tasty, though nothing special. I didn't feel like spending time in the Club Lounge because my room was so much better. The cocktail lounge on the top floor is very nice, offering a beautiful panoramic view of Lisbon. The bartenders and service were very friendly here and attentive to my needs. I watched the sunset (with a nice cocktail) every evening from this location. Soft chill out music played over the audio system during the day. A pianist and singer entertained until the late-night hours. An elegant restaurant is also located up on this floor which I will review separately.

I visited the Spa and fitness areas on my first day at the Sheraton. The desk attendant was super kind and showed me the various facilities and explained available services. While I didn’t have time to use the Spa, I could see it is truly a great place to get away and unwind. In summary, I enjoyed my stay at Sheraton Lisbon and I highly recommend this hotel to the Trip Advisor community.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for the really nice and extremely detailed comments your have posted following your recent stay with us. Our guests comments are of the utmost importance to us and your contribution has been absolutely fantastic giving other customers a wide overview of every single aspect of your stay. We sincerely look forward to hosting you again, soon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This Sheraton was actually very nice. The bathroom in our room was all glass which reminded me of the W Hotels. The hallways had cool lighting, not normal hotel lighting. Other than that, the room was quite ordinary. It didn't help that the weather in Lisbon was dreary and raining so everything was dark and there was virtually no view from our floor because of the fog. This hotel is in more of a business district than the tourist area. For us, that was not good location, and with the rain, it was just too far to walk so we relied on the hop-on bus for transportation (as we had already purchased tickets). There is a metro station quite close to the hotel so that would convenient to use. We used SPG points for this stay. If we were to return, we would probably opt for a hotel in a better location. The hotel did have a nice restaurant and wifi was excellent.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had a one day in and out trip to a dreary, rainy lisbon and this hotel was the highlight of my trip. First of all, the cab driver from the airport tried to rip me off and the hotel staff helped me to get the right price. Then I went to my room and I have to say this might have been one of the coolest Sheraton's i've ever been to. It feels more like a W in the hallways than a Sheraton. In addition, the room was really nice. This would have been enough for an awesome stay, but then it got better. They have a rooftop bar/restaurant which has a fabulous view of the Lisbon Skyline. They helped me find a table with a plug near it so i could finish my work. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ACPereira, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest, You "couldn't have been happier here" and we coulddn't have been happier reading your wonderful comments about us! Thank you so much for sharing. Awfully sorry about the weather. Please do come back for a longer stay so you can really enjoy what our hotel has to offer, and also see Lisbon from a different perspective (sunny, hopefully) . Until then, please accept our warm regards. Antonio Pereira, General Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here on three occasions over a two week period while touring Portugal. The staff and property were great and made life easy. I found the rooms to be clean and in good condition, the food in the club lounge and in the lobby was fresh and of quality and the staff was helpful / friendly. I have stayed in Sheratons around the world and they can often be worn out, this one is top quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for having selected our hotel for your various stays in Lisbon while touring Portugal. We are delighted to learn that we have met your expectations in all aspects of your stay, namely decor, conditions, level of service and staff friendliness. Great to hear you say our hotel is "top quality". Such words of praise will certainly motivate our teams to do better each day! Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very high standards of comfort and service. Exactly what you expect from a hotel where you are paying a substantial amount per night, but unfortunately you rarely get it. The Sheraton is the exception and is first class in all respects.

Rooms are modern, spacious, pristine in their cleanliness. Bathrooms are magnificent. The decor and design is interesting and very relaxing.No noise whatsoever.

Situated in a business and residential neighborhood within easy walking distance to at least two metro stations. Bus stops also close by.Lisbon has an excellent public transportation system.

Small cafes within a few minutes walk for breakfast if you want to avoid the high priced hotel offering.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ACPereira, General Manager at Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank yo so much for having selected the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa for your stay in Lisbon. We are delighted to hear that we have met all you expectations and that you have in fact enjoyed your stay. It is indeed a pleasure to know that we have contributed for an enjoyable and relaxed stay. Just hope you will return again soon. Kind regards, Antonio Pereira, General Manager.

Been to Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!