“Phenomenal service. Beautiful place. Friendly people. Loved everything about it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Rodrigo da Fonseca, 88, Lisbon 1099-039, Portugal   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 219 Hotels in Lisbon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We brought our family of five recently to this beautiful hotel. The staff was so helpful and welcoming. They made our kids feel special. The manager kindly upgraded our family to a beautiful suite and made our vacation spectacular! Food in the bar and restaurant was amazing! Definitely worth the trip! I hope more Americans take the time to visit Lisbon and Portugal. And definitely stay at the Ritz Four Seasons!!!

• Stayed April 2012
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Ola Linnie!

What a great review!
I was thrilled to hear that you and you family had a great vacation and that everything was to liking.
I too hope more people come to explore this hidden gem that is Lisbon.

Obrigada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Four Seasons is a piece of heaven in Lisbon. Wonderful rooms, extraordinary service, excellent views of the city. You will not find this service anywhere else. Special congratulations to Mr Nuno, who is in charge of the breakfast. Although it is a little far from most of touristic attractions, you can easily find a taxi that wil cost about 5 - 6 euros to take you to Bairro Alto. Definetely the best place to stay in Lisbon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ola from lisboa,

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that we are for The place to stay in lisbon.
I have shared your review with Nuno as well as the rest of the staff.
We sincerely appreciate your review and recent stay with us.
Obrigada
Great Falls, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at the Ritz Four Seasons Hotel in Lisbon on holiday over Easter weekend 2012, and I found virtually no fault with the hotel.

It is located just off Edward VII Park, with wonderful views of the Park and Lisbon if your room is on that side of the hotel. It is near the Marques de Pombal roundabout, which makes using the hop on/hop off tour buses extremely easy, as the staging area is located there--literally a three minute walk from the hotel. The Rossio, with the station for trains to Sintra, is an easy and pleasant 15-minute walk from the hotel down the Avenida da Liberdade--slightly reminiscent of the Ramblas in Barcelona but not as touristy. The Barrio Alto, the Chiado and the waterfront are short, inexpensive taxi rides from the hotel.

The public rooms of the Ritz are large but comfortable and attractive--not the grand, heavy gilt and rococo of so many European 5-star hotels but luxurious and elegant in a more modern way, as are the spacious guest rooms. The mattress on my bed was a bit soft for my taste, but of course, that is a matter of individual preference. Bathrooms are slathered in marble as one would expect, with double sinks and a separate wc, shower and tub.

Breakfast in the Varanda can be buffet style or a la carte. The breakfast buffet is not as extensive as some I have seen in other hotels, but it is more than adequate and delicious, and an omlet station was available one morning of my stay but not the other two days. Nevertheless, the service in the restaurant is impeccable, as it is in the rest of the hotel. The front desk staff and concierge (Danielle?) were particularly pleasant. One had the impression they actually enjoyed being helpful to visitors.

I have stayed at one other luxury hotel in Lisbon on a previous visit, and the Ritz tops it hands down. My only criticism of the Ritz concerns using the internet service in the hotel. There is a separate, 14-euro per day charge for internet service at the hotel. When one is paying more than $500 per night for a hotel room, shouldn't the internet service be included automatically? Charging for it separately strikes me as greedy in the extreme--hotels greedy for money, who would have suspected it? If the hotel must charge for the service, then it should add it to the cost of the room from the start and include the service with the room automatically. It strikes me as unseemly to charge extra for such a common service, as the Ritz does. Would an extra bar of soap or turn-down service be charged separately?

This, however, is a very minor criticism when compared to the comfort, serene atmosphere and excellent service of the hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay at the Ritz Four Seasons Hotel on my next visit to Lisbon or to recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room parkside. The views from the ninth floor are magnificent, day and night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ola!

It is great to see that you profile picture is at our very own Terreiro do Paço!

It was a pleasure to read your review and I was happy to know that you had an extraordinary experience with us.
I have read your internet comments as well and have shared them with my management team.

Thank you for your review and recent stay with us.
Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

A great hotel with fabulous views from Delux rooms of the park and city skyline including the fortress, service & decor all excellent. Pool and spa area sublimely relaxing! Lisbon is a wonderful city for a short break and staying here really made it a memorable holiday. Staff very attentive and courteous. Breakfasts are in a very grand dinning area with views of the park, a wonderful way to start the day. All in all highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only one side of the hotel (delux rooms I imagine) offer park views
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
PRFSRitzLisbon, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Ola Patrick C,

Thank you for your wonderful words and for your recent stay with us.
I have shared your comments with our staff. It was great to know that you found the Hotel excellent all round! That is what we aim for!

We hope to see you in Lisbon again in the near future.
Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was on a business trip last week and ate lunch at the bar in the FS - as a regular customer of the FS brand globally - I was not staying at the hotel however - The staff were all very courteous, the hotel very clean and I had a very pleasant lunch in the bar. Sadly for those of us who dont like cigarette smoke - the smoking area was not in another room so cigar and cigarette smoke wafted across to the area where the non smokers sat - despite ECC regulations on Smoking - Ive noticed this in other hotels in Portugal too - eg Smoking IS allowed indoors ! It spoils the atmosphere for me and perhaps others and a dedicated cigar,smoking room is needed. That said everything else was very good in my short visit .I presume in the warmer months the Terrace is better - but again i wouldnt want to sit next to smokers there either !

Room Tip: Taxi to airport is only 15 mins ---- There is a great shopping store El Cortes 5 mins taxi ride ( t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ola!

Thank you for joining us for lunch at our bar.
I was happy to read the you enjoyed our service and food.
I completely understand the smoking situation, it is one we are currently working on. It seems new legislation is to be approved and will ban smoking from all indoor and out door eating spaces.
We do hope when you next visit to have this all sorted out.
Cape town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have not stopped telling my friends about the hotel since my trip last week from the beautiful rooms with a great view, to calling me by name as I walked in to check in and fairly reasonably priced for the rooms and level of service.

I would not miss the breakfasts which tasted great and you definitely do not go hungry.

The mot impressive part if the hotel was the great concierge that nothing seems to be too much trouble. They did all the normal functions of booking restaurants and tours (I would definitely recommend the hotel private tour guide for 3 hours as it is a great overview of the city with an a knowledgable guide) but the most impressive was my port tasting. Patricia was unable to find a place open on Sunday and calls 1 hr later apologising profusely but then arranges a private tasting in the bar with the, head bar man (who was so friendly and made my tasting special with all that he got me to taste).

Great place and will definately stay again when I visit Lisbon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Olá from Lisbon!

Thank you so much for your words!
We have share your review with our teams especially with our concierge team and patricia of course.

We were delighted that you found our rooms beautiful enjoyed the view and our "hearty" breakfasts!

We hope you visit us again before too long.
Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

this is a beautiful hotel with excellent service. The concierge is able to give you recommendations that make your stay in Lisbon wonderful with access to the real Lisbon
Loved the buffet breakfasts. The rooms were beautiful and the spa and pool a relaxing thing to come back to after a long day of sightseeing. Well worth the price

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ola Jane B,

We appreciate your review and thank you for your recent stay with us.

It was great to read that you found a beautiful hotel with excellent service. Our staff is really what makes us special and were happy to know that our concierge was able to give you recommendations that helped you know the real Lisbon.
We often recommend the finishing your day in our Spa and it was good to see that you did just that after a long day of sightseeing.

We hope you welcome you again in the near future.

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisboa? Share your experiences!