“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 216 Hotels in Lisbon
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had 5 nights at the Pestana Palace and it was fantastic. The breakfast was delicious with an amazing selection of pastries and delicious hot and cold food (especially the smoked salmon). The staff were extremely helpful and able to respond to any requirement. Room cleaned twice daily. Pool a great place to relax beside and have a mojito from the bar. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I traveled to Lisbon, Portugal for work but brought my family. We stayed for 9 days beginning of September 2013. The hotel is as the name implies...a palace that is rich with history, kindness and hospitality. The grounds are serene and beautiful. The staff went above and beyond in every aspect of our stay. Our room was impecably cleaned each day and had turn down service every night. The desk staff were knowledgable and always helpful with directions and suggestions. The door men were very professional, always smiling and full of good advice as well. The breakfast was provided each morning in a beautiful outdoor court with bottomless cup of the best coffee ever! The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever seen, with fresh fruits, cheeses, meats, eggs, vegetables, juice selections. Nothing pre-packaged here and not a microwave in sight. This is not your run of the mill hotel. Everything was elegant but not fussy. The location is about a 20 minute drive to the city center, but a nice walk to the waterfront where you will find many restaurant choices at the harbor. There is a courtesy shuttle several times per day that drives to the city center, and will coordinate with you on a return trip back to the hotel. It was such a nice benefit to be able to spend the day in the hustle and crowds of the city center and return back to the Palace for a peaceful evening in such a beautiful setting with such wonderful staff. I highly recommend the Pestana Palace to enjoy your stay in Lisbon.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

First off the hotel is beyond amazing. The core is the original building and a historical property with the rooms contained in the newer wings. Every part of the hotel is just a wonder to walk around including the original artwork hanging in the hallways and the rooms to the architecture and furnishings in the original building. The staff were amazing to deal with. Maria helped me with a problem with my reservation that I made, corrected it and sent me a welcome pack to help me plan my trip. Every single person you deal with at this property is ensuring that you are having a fantastic time and goes out of your way to help you. Full breakfast and something for everyone. The bed was comfortable but a king size bed is 2 beds pushed together with a topper to join them. Not my favourite type of bed and just to warn you as the bed was not as comfortable as I normally like. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the best hotels that I ever stayed. The staff is very helpfull and tries to do better than they already did.
A must is the breakfast in the morning. I never had such a good and big breakfast in my life before.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Koege, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were on a business trip due to an exhibition close by (10 mins walk) and it was sheer heaven. Good value for money and a wonderful treat to stay in such a unique hotel which had character (I´m thinking of the chapel!). Even though it was charming, it had 5 star service and 5 star amenities. Stay here if you can, all my colleagues were impressed and we are not an easy to please crowd!
I tried the spa and pool and both were top notch. After a hard day it was a dream to come back to this place. The rooms were suprisingly quiet even though the hotel was full, no noise fromt he corridors. Room service and breakfast were efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful. Taxis came in a matter of minutes and I will certainly return here if I am ever in Lisbon again

Room Tip: Ask if they have any updgrades available. I had a ground floor garden view with a private patio.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Boronia, Melbourne, Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent 3 days in this amazing property. The entrance into Pestana Palace has a real WOW factor, so much so that I felt that "I don't belong here", that lasted a couple of minutes and then was in total awe of the architecture and décor of this amazing building. All accommodation is in modern wings that branch out from the main Palace Building, all meal areas are located within the old building. The grounds are relaxing and meander around the complex. The pool area was lovely. My only complaint is that we only spent 3 days there.

Room Tip: The internal facing room that we had was great because we looked over the garden. I don't know...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Pestana and could not have wished for more. The hotel, gardens and pools were beautiful and immaculate. The food was divine. You are able to order different fresh eggs, omelettes (try the smoked salmon and melted cheese ones), crepes, waffles and pancakes with whatever sauce or toppings you desire. I recommend fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce! There is also smoked salmon and a different cake every day as well as countless fresh items and juices. Nothing was ever too much for the reception or concierge who assisted with everything from restaurant recommendations and bookings and sightseeing tips to weighing our luggage and printing our boarding passes. There is an excellent return shuttle service several times a day. The twice a day housekeeping service was exceptional, they even folded and tidied our belongings and left fresh slippers, towels and chocolates in the evening as well as fresh towels in the morning. A special thanks to Maria who is the star of the reception desk and also to Antonio for his hard work to make our stay special. My parents plan to come back in December for their wedding anniversary they were so impressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paulo R, Guest Ambassador at Pestana Palace Hotel & National Monument, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear SarahShousha,

Thank so much for sharing your experience. We loved!
It is so nice to hear about your stay! We are delighted with your words and with the fact that we could cause this good impression to you. All the Team appreciated your kind words, especially Maria and António, from the Front Desk, that you mentioned.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed the housekeeping service, the garden, the pool and the breakfast variety (you made a very helpful description for future Guests). We are extremely honored to know that your parents plan to come to our Hotel to celebrate the wedding anniversary. Please, when they have the booking confirmation, send me more information directly to my email. paulo.rodrigues@pestana.com
We really hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in our hotel.

All the best,

Paulo
Guest Ambassador

Been to Pestana Palace Hotel & National Monument? Share your experiences!