“An excellent tour in Caves of Mira de Aire, Fatima, Batalha and Alcobaca with Miguel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lux Invicta Portugal Tours

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 261 Tours & Activities in Lisbon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: "Lux Invicta - Tourism, Culture and Heritage Ltd" is an Incoming Travel Agency specialized on operating all around Portugal, from the Mountains of the North to the Beaches of the South. We are located at ALCOBACA - PORTUGAL, the heart of Portugal. However we have another smaller office in the town of Montijo, 10 minutes from the capital, Lisbon. Lux Invicta is registered under the official licenses issued by Turismo de Portugal, I.P.: RNAVT 4218/2013 and Tourist Activities Permit 9/2010, we also have all necessary Tourism Insurance Policies. The company mainly operates under Cultural / Historical / Nature aspects, creating products that contribute to the development and dissemination of Portuguese heritage.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

What a fantastic trip! Mr. Miguel is a friendly and wonderful guide. The day we spent in a number of places, cathedrals, spots was and is unforgettable. The stories, background, the related details about the places came alive. These help my family and I get to know each place deeply. In addition, the culture, historical background and life in Portugal is easy to understand with Mr. Miguel's interpretation. It was really a pleasant trip and I am glad to have Mr. Miguel as our tour guide.

Visited July 2012
Lux_Invicta, Public Relations Manager at Lux Invicta Portugal Tours, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your comments, and for visiting Portugal!
We have recently achieved the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor! And let me say... yes I believe we do a very good job, but some of credit goes to you as well, without your help none of this would be possible!

It was very interesting for me as well to discover a little bit more about your culture and about your daily life! I hope we can meet again someday!

Taipei, Taiwan
“Fantastic Tour Guide, Miguel, and A Gorgeous Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I had a wonderful time when having a day trip to Grutas de Mira d' Aire, Alcobaça, and Batalha e Fátima with the professional tour guide, Miguel. Miguel is very knowledgeable and thoughtful as well. He told us the background, history and legends of each place we visited in English. This was really helpful, because we are from Taiwan and know nothing about Portuguese. Besides, when some historical parts were complicated or hard to understand, Miguel clearly explained them with the prepared pictures. We deeply appreciated Miguel's kindness. Throughout the day trip, he was patient of answering our questions about the Portuguese culture, history, the origins of the common patterns and decorations for the buildings in Lisbon, etc. Thank you!! Miguel and Lux Invicta. My family and I all enjoyed a lot.

Dear Family,

3 attraction reviews
“Miguel was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I did the caves and monasteries tour with Miguel. He was an excellent guide, giving as much information as we wanted while at the same time respecting our desire to walk around and have some free time. Unlike many other companies, even though only two people signed up, he did not cancel, and we were given a private tour for the same price. We also were ahead of schedule, and he gave us an option of an additional side trip to Obidos, which was generous and very unexpected. Miguel also made a dinner recommendation in Lisbon that was spot-on - Casa de Alentejo. Thank you again, Miguel for showing us your beautiful country and being so hospitable. I would highly recommend this company and Miguel.

Visited June 2012
Dear Friends,

I hope everything is all right with you! Portugal misses you!

Thank you so much for your comments, and for visiting Portugal!
We have recently achieved the Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor! And let me say... yes I believe we do an excellent job, tour guide, vehicle, itinerary, but some of credit goes to you as well, without your help none of this would be possible!

We don't mind changing a little bit the itinerary since our customers feel satisfied and we still have time to do it!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Fátima, Batalha, Alcobaça, Beach of Foz do Arelho, and floral village of Obidos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My mother and I had a fabulous and exciting times visiting all the cities that I had arranged with Lux Invicta Day Tours. Miguel ( our tour guide) was very pleasant, knowledgeable and professional. He truly shared with us the real flavors of the towns we visited and made us feel very welcomed and comfortable throughout our journey. I highly recommend him for any tour that he is involved with.

Visited July 2012
Lux_Invicta, Public Relations Manager at Lux Invicta Portugal Tours, responded to this review, February 4, 2014

county down
“Excellent tour company and your guide Miguel so knowledgeable and so enthusiastic about Portugal !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Myself and my husband took the tour on Sat 30 th June to Mira de aire caves ( a real gem and Miguel translated the important facts ) then to Fatima( again Miguel gave us lots of local knowledge not available in tourist guides ) we went for lunch in a reasonably priced restaurant chosen by Miguel! We then visited the monasteries of Batalha and Alcobaco ( both are world heritage sites) again Miguel was excellent at imparting very interesting nuggets of facts and legends!) that was the official tour over but Miguel then asked if we would like to visit the medieval village of Obidos where we sampled Ginja liqueur ! A local drink !! All in all a worthwhile trip and good value for money and Miguel as a qualified tour guide was the bonus ! Excellent ! I would recommend ! Lilian McGuigan (active pal)