“Best tour I've ever taken” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Private Tour: Best of Lisbon by Sidecar
Ranked #4 of 328 Activities in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing Lisbon tours with a difference! Zoom around the swinging streets of Lisbon in a BLACK Vintage, Classic, Russian Ural Sidecar ! Your private chauffeur Daniel is Portuguese born but also a world nomad who travelled and worked all over the world with a Graphic Design and Art history background he will show you the quirky, undiscovered Lisbon that is off the beaten track and down the side streets that only a sidecar can get too!Tours last from 3 hours to all day. Get picked up from your hotel or cruise terminal and tailor your trip to your exact requirements. Daniel is an highly trained guide who knows all the best places to eat and drink so that you can truly make the most out of your stay in our great city. Fluent in English, French and Portuguese. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! If we do not provide the BEST tour of Lisbon you have ever experienced, we will book you in for another tour at your convenience free of charge! Call us for special needs people, i ll do my best to give them a ride of freedom Bike my Side THE BLACK SIDECAR COMPANY
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best tour I've ever taken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I booked a day tour with Daniel on a whim with less than 24 hours notice - we weren't too sure what we were getting ourselves into. The ride ended up being the highlight of our trip and I can't imagine seeing Lisbon in any other way.

Daniel is a fantastic guide - he paints a fascinating picture of his city/country's history and has an awesome sense of humor. The trip honestly felt more like having an old friend drive us around all day, not like an organized tour. I learned all about the history of the city and got a local's perspective on what life is like there.

I really appreciated that Daniel's biggest goal was making sure we saw all of the sights - he never once rushed us to move on or hesitated to answer questions due to schedule. We hit a little bit of traffic during Friday rush hour and instead of just ending the trip on time, he made sure we still saw everything. We even stopped for coffee and a chat - he's the best.

The motorcycle was a total blast - have no fear, Daniel is a very safe driver and we never once felt worried or anything - given the layouts of the streets, you barely go over 40mph. One of my favorite parts was the reactions people give you on the streets - little kids will waive or run after you, people smile and point - it's really fun.

I can't recommend Daniel enough - it was truly the highlight of our trip to Lisbon. A trip there isn't complete without a ride with Daniel.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oakville, Canada
“the sidecar, the sights, the tour guide - GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

While planning a visit to Lisbon, Daniels sidecar tour seemed like the perfect idea for my motorcycle fan husband (even bigger fan of bikes with sidecars). We weren't disappointed - Daniel picked us up at our hotel, scooted us to many sights we'd hoped to see in Lisbon, gave us lots of information about the sites, Portugal, and of course - the bike! then dropped us off near a great restaurant for lunch. We were lucky to have a sunny morning and couldn't have asked for a more interesting and informative 3 hours with such an upbeat, interesting guide. Thanks Daniel for one of the highlights of our first visit to Portugal. Eileen & Tom

Ghent, Belgium
“a ride through history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This sidecar tour is definitely one of the best ways to discover the city. I travel a lot, but it was the first time i did a sidecar tour, but sertainly not the last one. Daniel gives a good vision on the history and structure of the city and knows little details and facts other guides would pay no attention to. Every tour is different and he changes it towards his customers. For example i'm a nurse so he showed us some of the institutes and hospitals around the city!
I also never had the feeling he was rushing us through the city within 3 hours. He takes his time to explain everything and answer the questions. A 3hour tour easily changes into a 4hour tour without problems.
It was a fantastic experience which i recommand to everyone!
Bike My Side: keep up the good work!

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great way to see Lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a fabulous afternoon my daughter and I had touring Lisbon on a bike and side car even though it drizzled for the first hour of the tour it was a great experience I would recommend this to everyone the information and facts that Daniel told us was brilliant the time just flew by A big thank you to Daniel for everything

Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This tour is well worth it! Its the best way to see lisbon, the side car tour goes everywhere - even the tiny little streets that buses can't go on. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone travelling to lisbon - it was the highlight of our trip!!