Given that one needs to sleep in a hotel, this one does not deliver:
1. There is poor soundproofing so all door closures, hangars in cupboards of adjacent rooms, loud speech, toilets and corridor noise can be heard in your room.
2.The beds are very, very firm. Not quite like sleeping on the floor, but not comfortable.
3.Lights make a clicking noise (even when switched off) unless all the power to the room is turned off. If you find this sort of noise irritating you'll not get to sleep easily. Fortunately you can do this with a master switch, but then everything is off icluding plug sockets.
TV was very small and picture poor.
The online booking does not make it clear that you have to notify the hotel in the free text request box that you want a non-smoking room. This is of course not confirmed when you book. It is therefore impossible to be certain that you will get a non-smoking room during the booking process. I received a smoking room ( apparently 4 of 9 floors with guest rooms are designated as smoking rooms) - and they stink! The hotel did change my room, but were only able to do this on my second night as they were full.
The hotel is 3 minutes walk from a bus stop that takes you direct to the congress center, and 5 minutes walk from a metro station (Praca de Espanah). The Aerobus stop is almost directly opposite the hotel - just remember when you leave that the Aerobus only stops on one side of the road.
Breakfast was good - wide variety, good quality.
I probably would not go again - mainly because of the uncomfortable bed and poor soundproofing.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Lisboa Hotel Lisbon
- Novotel Lisboa Hotel
- Novotel Hotel Lisbon
- Novotel Hotel Lisboa
- Novotel Lisbon
- Lisbon Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Lisboa is a 4 star hotel in the centre of Lisbon, next to Praca de Espanha and the Gulbenkian Foundation and just 2 km from Marques de Pombal Square. Perfect for your next business trip or for a holiday with your family, the hotel offers 249airconditioned rooms, including 150 non smoking rooms and 1 suite, seven meeting rooms for your conference and seminar needs, a restaurant, bar, private parking and a swimming pool. Pets welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Novotel Lisboa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.