The hotel is located on Avenida da Liberdade, the main avenue in Lisbon. It can be reached by local bus nr 44(€1,40) or the Aerobus(3,50). They both stop at Avenida which is just outside the hotel.
Check-in was quick and easy. I got a room on the 4th. floor overlooking the Avenida. The room is quite small, but big enough for me. It has a big and super comfortable bed, desk, chair, bathroom with tub, shower and rainshower, L'occitane amenities.
The location of the hotel is really good. On the middle of Avenida da Liberdade with a lot of high end shops. If you go up the avenue you come to Marques de Pombal, where all the sightseeing buses start from. If you go down the avenue you come to the heart of the city with squares, restaurants and shops.
I ordered a club sandwich and a tiramisu from room service. Perfectly made and delicious.
I also got free wifi access from the concierge, and access to a printer when I needed it.
There are two negative things I have to mention. The water smells really bad of chlorine, but that´s not the hotel´s fault, and also the soundproofing could be a little better.
Take a sightseeing bus around the city to get a overview. There are three different bus companies with quite similar routes. Day pas about €15
Tram nr 28 runs from Martim Moniz to Estrela Basilica and gardens, and it´s a bumpy and fun way to experience the narrow and hilly streets of Lisbon. €1,40
I will stay at this hotel next time I come to Lisbon. It´s a really good hotel in a really beautiful city.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade Hotel Lisbon
- Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade Hotel
- Accor Lisbon Liberdade
- Sofitel Lisbon
- Lisbon Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star lavish hotel consists of 163 extravagantly decorated rooms with a shower of modern glamour. All rooms are equipped with the most diversified services which define the quality and comfort that our guests appreciate. These may include: LCD, mini-bar, coffee machine and a flower bouquet which gives the room a unique atmosphere of lux and comfort. At Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade you will surely receive a prestigious service provided by our multi-lingual ambassadors and Concierge Clé d’Or, free access to wireless internet, a fitness centre which provides the most essential equipment, and a pleasant library connected to the bar where you can find a selection of paintings from the Beijing School of Arts and an international collection of books, newspapers and magazines. Seminars and conferences can be accommodated in the hotel's ten meeting rooms, the largest of which can seat up to 250 people. The guests may also benefit from 24h Business Centre and Room Service, as well parking facilities (surcharges apply) and complimentary valet-parking services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Splendia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, getaroom.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.