“Hateful door policy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lux

Lux
Av. Infante D. Henrique, armazem A Cais da Pedra a Sta. Apolonia, Lisbon 1950-376, Portugal
+351 21 882 08 90
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #254 of 329 Activities in Lisbon
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Dance Club/ Discos, Sightseeing Tours
Activities: Drinking
More attraction details
Owner description: Lux Fragil is proud to present, week after week since 1998, some of the best music done in our lifetimes.
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Hateful door policy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Recommended to us (a large mixed sex group that was dressed smart casual) by several friends and online reviews, we headed to Lux.

Having heard it usually has huge queues we were excited to see it had virtually no queue when we arrived.

Within 5 minutes we got to the front of the queue. However, as soon as we got to the front of the queue we were told that we were not allowed in unless (a) we were a member, (b) were on the guest list or (c) paid 240 Euros.

We were neither members nor guestlist. Assuming I'd misheard, I asked whether it was 240 Euros for a table/minimum spend etc (as is sometimes the case in exclusive/pretentious London clubs).

To our utter disbelief we were told "No, it is 240 Euros per person". At which point we were told to leave.

Needless to say we had seen, and saw thereafter, several groups enter the club without being questioned. Speaking to our friends who had been before, they confirmed the actual entry price is only 12 Euros. As is evident from the reviews on this website, our experience was not unique.

Avoid this club at all costs unless you want a wasted cab ride to chance your night out on the whims of its outrageous door policy.

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
7 attraction reviews
“Cool club with great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Go here in summer when you can go to the topfloor and enjoy the great views. The club is (partly) owned by John Malkovich, who was there when I visited Lux. When I left around 4:00 pm, there was still an amazing lomg queue of people wanted to get in. The club is not that trendy but I enjoyed the DJ playing remixed old skool music. There is also another floor where house and dance music ismplayed. It was very easy to get in btw

Visited January 2014
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“I want to start a lawsuit over unjustified and discriminatory door policy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I came to Lisbon for only 3 weeks and I was told this is a very good club. I went with a bunch of Portuguese friends but I remained behind the group and they went in. I knew I should not pay more than12 euro. Immediately as the bouncers saw I could speak only english, they asked me to pay 240 euro. I told them that my friends are inside and everybody pays 12 euro and they got really aggressive. My phone didn't work and I couldn't call my friends. How can they treat people like this. This is pure discrimination. If they want to be exclusive they should ask everybody to pay 240 euro and this rule should be applied. But they are not exclusive. It's just a normal club and people in Lisbon who go to other bars also go to this one. Very many people enter for free just by knowing the staff and that is very many and most pay only 12. What is this? I saw that many reviews on here point out to the same problem. Let's band together and start a lawsuit and make this place more normal. The "exclusive" thing is just a pretense. If you support this email me at lawsuitagainstlux@gmail.com

January 2013
Florin

Visited January 2014
“Worst door policy ever occured”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have never been shut down like this before, when i have been on vacations other places in the world! I went out with a couple of friends of mine, we talked, had fun in the cueline but when we came to the guard he told it was 240 euro but the actually price to come inside is 12 euro. This is outrageous.. Just because we are tourists and not native does that mean we have to pay 240 euro and the natives just 12 Euro?

Seriously this place needs a new owner and new rules. If i ever get rich i will shut this place down. Me and my friends have never been treated so bad before, and i hope people that sees this take it seriously since something need to be done.

After have read all the reviews on trip advisor, why has there not been any change since 2009? 240 euros is just outrageous against 12 euros

Visited December 2013
Porto, Portugal
“One of the Best Club of Portugal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

For anyone who loves music and all art's that is involved, the Lux is the best spaces in Portugal. I was there on a concert of a band I love, so it was not necessary to notice details that are not directly related to what I really wanted. Just wanted to hear the band perform ... the sound system was clean, the room was full but the atmosphere was very pleasant. The entire staff was composed of friendly people.

Recommend and hope to return soon.

Visited December 2012