It's hard to describe this hotel without falling into the trap of using superlatives that through extensive overuse in modern commercials have become nigh meaningless. Nevertheless this hotel qualifies for all of them: Amazing, wonderful, awesome.
We booked this hotel for a midweek (Mon-Fri) stay in Lisbon and it turned out to be one of the best holidays ever. The hotel is magnificent, with all the amenities you could want. The staff is extremely cheerful, helpful and skilled. The location is a bit off the beaten track but still easily accessible through train (stop: Santos) and bus (727 to the Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga and then a brief walk up). Taxis in Lisbon are cheap and the taxi drivers all know how to navigate the hilly one-way system that is the Lapa district to reliably find the hotel.
Great breakfast buffet with everything you care about. The bar is a very nice place to have a drink after a long day of trekking through Lisbon. The restaurant is very good and has an awesome wine selection. Even the lift was awesome, somehow magically figuring out wherever we were so that we could take it without waiting :-)
- The hotel can arrange a car to pick you up from the airport and bring you to the hotel. This is not worth it, the taxis outside the airport do a great job at half the price.
- When staying in Lapa Palace, do dinner in the hotel at least once, and once in restaurant Alma.
- Pillow #2 from the pillow selection menu is amazing :-)
- The mini-bar is outrageously expensive (only downside to this hotel IMHO)
- The hotel does not have an ironing board to lend but there's an express ironing service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 19th-century, this luxurious palace is nestled on a hilltop overlooking the Tagus River and presents guests with the ideal base for an unforgettable stay in Lisbon. Tucked away in the city's diplomatic quarter, Lapa Palace is set in a beautiful sub-tropical garden. Sunbathe on a lounger in the pool area or pay a visit to the Spa, where you can treat yourself to hours of relaxation in the sauna. Traditional decor and elegant designs make each of the rooms a haven after a day of work or sightseeing. Marvel at panoramic views from the comfort of your balcony or enjoy a long bath in your marble bathroom. Thanks to the palace's convenient location, central Lisbon is only a short drive away. Park your car for free on site and indulge in fresh seafood at the restaurant. In the meantime, the concierge is happy to arrange various services for you, including the use of the VIP room facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LHW, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Olissippo Lapa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olissippo Lapa Palace Hotel Lisbon
- Lapa Palace Lisbon
- Lapa Palace Hotel Lisbon