“Do you like new flavours and textures? Must try Assinatura!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Assinatura

Assinatura
Rua Vale do Pereiro, 19 A | (Alexandre Herculano, 51 corner's), Lisbon 1250-270, Portugal
351 213867696
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 2,363 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: European, Portuguese
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Setubal, Portugal
“Do you like new flavours and textures? Must try Assinatura!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great gastronomic adventure.

I came here with my wife on a special date for us... we chosen the degustation menu, of both dinner and wine.

It was a great experience, specially on the food side (not so much on the wine selection that was not at the food level... not even close).
Several signature dishes, Michelin Star style, that included starters through desert. It was my first time for "petals" on desert... Overall, there were many surprises of great flavours and textures.

One of the best restaurants in Lisbon... for me, it is really the best in this kind of "fancy" food. I am a food lover that pursue perfection and always try to keep myself up to date when it comes to restaurants in Lisbon...

We came for dinner and it was very quiet and with great silent...even romantic, atmosphere.

I don't know how is food and service at lunch time... I understand they have a different approach at lunch (less pretentious) but I can not comment or evaluate because I haven't tried it...

Great dinner choice, if you are looking for a romantic dinner to impress your date/spouse, or if you are rich enough to provide this level of experience to your entire family.

PS: Choose your wine a la carte... the degustation menu was not worth the value... just my opinion...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Assinatura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Saturday nigth, almost full, great service, well explained, great wine combination. We went for a 7 courses surprise menu, from the start to the end a great meal. It's a lot of money, but cheap for our satisfation.
If back in Lisbon this restaurant is my first choice, highly recomended

• Visited November 2013
Morges, Switzerland
“Good food, modern setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Wanting to have a special meal in Lisbon we found this excellent restaurant in a small street in the centre of town. The reception was correct and polite, without being too gushing. Choosing the tasting menu turned out to be a good idea. The accompanying wines were well selected and they were well presented to us. The decor is modern, light and airy and the tables are far enough apart to allow for private conversations not to be overheard.
We shall,certainly go back soon.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Just one nigth in Lisbon, i asked some portuguese friends about a good place to eat modern portuguese food. They recommended Assinatura and was a great experience. A tasting surrprise menu with 5 local wines well matched with the food flavours.A great nigth with great food. Next time i'll repeat the experience

• Visited November 2013
Dublin
“Absolutely NOT what it claims to be!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This restaurant claimed to be gourmet food in a relaxed atmosphere...... This is so far from what we experienced. My wife and I were following the second trip advisor recommendation after a great restaurant the previous night. Out visit this time was on the 2nd October. The staff were very pretentious and not at all relaxed. The atmosphere in the restaurant was cold and that also applied to the plates on which we were served our 'hot' main courses. My wife's fish was raw underneath and when we complained, the staff seemed less than interested.
Having started to experience the true quality ( or lack there of) of service, it became quite annoying to hear the waiter repeating verbatim the same long winded story about the stones used in cooking the food. We may have put up with it if we believed they were capable of producing quality food. In short, never again here.