“Wonderful Service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Laurentina Restaurant, the King of the Cod, is distinguished for the quality of its plates and services since 1976, as much in true plates of Mozambican origin, as in the Portuguese traditional kitchen. In a friendly environment, it provides the pleasure of a true meal of Cod, confectioned of diverse forms, being certainly one of the best ones of Portugal.
woburn,ma
“Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Holiday Inn recommended this restaurant . Charming decor, we were early but the tables filled up within an hour. Our waitress' name was Marta. Great smile, very personable and made a few good recommendations.

The food was good but we returned three more times basically because of Marta. I have been to restaurants in a dozen foreign countries as well as most of the major cities in the U.S.A. and I can honestly say I have never had a better or more helpful waitress . I hope the owner appreciates what a service his employee is providing for her customers

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vineland, New Jersey
“excellent traditional Portuguese cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was a Sunday night, difficult to find a restaurant open, and this gem with traditional Portuguese cuisine welcomed us. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful. She spoke English well, and grasped that we wanted traditional dishes without stuffing ourselves. In fact, she suggested we split the entre-- a codfish and potato casserole dish with cream and spinach--which was so good, we ate every last morsel. But first we had two appetizers, which we hadn't yet tasted. A chorizo sausage, served flaming in a ceramic boat. . . very tasty. And samosas, less so because they were deep-fried and quite greasy, although the spices were good. And last, we wanted a typically Portuguese dessert, one we hadn't yet tried. So my husband got a warm rice pudding with cinnamon on top -- tasty, but no different than anywhere else. And I got some dessert called "Baba's Camel", very interesting -- not too sweet, a light texture, whipped up. But I would have improved it with some carmelized burnt sugar on top. . . At the end, the waitress brought my husband a grappa, and me some of the ubiquitous cherry liquor that is sold in every tourist shop in Portugal, which surprised me by not being too sweet. These two drinks were gratis, a nice touch.

Visited May 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Best food in Lisbon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were recommended to this restaurant by our hotel and we could not have been happier. The food was fantastic. Our food server Marta was very knowledgeable about all of the items on the menu. She made our night so memorable. The fish is the best we have had. The decor is very nice in this family oriented restaurant. They also have Fado on thursday evenings.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aspudden
“Not that fantastic cod”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The fadoshow was nice. And the service. And the food, except for the cod. After reading the reviews here I expected something special. It was not. Worth the money for food, drink and show. But not more.

Sao Jose Do Rio Preto, SP
“Iconic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you had asked to me, before my first visit to Laurentina, how a good restaurant would be like, I probably would made would a description from this restaurant that I didn’t had mate yet!
I don’t trust brand new restaurant, of course it can’t be a ruin. This one is perfect experience, vigor and charm.
Service friendly, efficient without teeter. Classic Portuguese food. Perfect.
An advice. To prepare a state of art piece of cod fish is a professional mater. Chose the animal, cut, unsalt, gentle coock in low temperature at the exatly point. Ask for the ‘Bacalhau Alto Cozido’. You can add more salt, pepper, olive oil or even piripiri, if you what.
The recipes like bacalhau em natas are made with little pieces of fish and lots of cream, you can do it at home, anything ‘au gratin’ is ease to do

• Visited April 2013