This apt. looks great. It is located in a small street that looks pretty quiet. We stayed in apt. 4A, although the picture from GlobalCityBreak showed another apt. (4B). The apt. is on the 4.th floor, it was very spacious and modern. It did not have two double beds as advertised, only one and a sleping couch. It did not have a dish washer as advertised, but a washing machine instead. But these errors were not not a problem for us.
So far so good. The problem started at night, 11 pm. when the small bar right beneath the apt. began to attract huge crowds of really noisy people who gathered in the street. They partied all night long 6 out of the 7 nights we stayed there. We had all the windows closed and the airconditioners on to reduce the noise, but it did not help much. It felt like trying sleeping on top of the Wembley stadium during the cup final. We bought silicone earplugs but still did not sleep well, especially our 12-year old son was bothered by the party noise.
Don´t go here if you are not part of the partying crowd. Dont bring children here.
Before deciding on this apt. Global City Break assured me that noise would not be a problem even though it was in Bairro Alto (I told them in advance we brought a 12 year old kid).
When I complained about the noise after the first night Global City Break offered to find us another apt. We declined this offer, wish we had not. We hoped it would get better.
No refund/no discount offered from Global City Break when I complained after the vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Lisbon Serviced Apartments - Bairro Alto Hotel
- Lisbon Serviced Apartments - Bairro Alto Hotel Lisbon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The apartments are in a brand new building, centrally located in one of the oldest parts of Lisbon, where you can feel the pulse of city life. Close to the best restaurants, bars, craft shops and commerce these apartments combine the modern, comfortable accommodation of a luxuriously decorated apartment with the service of a hotel. FREEDOM: the sensation of being at home while enjoying freedom in the heart of Lisbon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Lisbon Serviced Apartments - Bairro Alto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.