“The merging of culture and design” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
FREE BREAKFAST OFFER
Ranked #24 of 217 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“The merging of culture and design”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Eco-Hotel, cool, modern, great atmosphere and excellent service and amazing breakfast.
Location is also great and really inspires relax. We didn't enjoy spa area because we forgot the swim suit but we hang out around and it was really private and intimate.
Absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is great, they are all quiet and perfectly decorated.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa_Marta_Hotel, Gerente de relações com clientes at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear "Backpackers99",
Thank you for so well describing our hotel as "merging of culture and design" ! We're happy to read such rewarding comments, thanks for recommending again and again.
We hope you'll give us another visit in a not too distant future !
Sandra Mencucci

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great time at Inspira. It's a great location with excellent service. We asked a lot of questions and each concierge had good advice.

The internet is fast and each room has a Nesspresso machine with free coffee each day. And you have free access to the gym and spa area.

The negatives were that the room was quite small and we didn't have anywhere to keep our bags; the food in the restaurant was just ok; the steam room was broken.

It was really nice that the room came with breakfast, which wasn't fancy, but pretty good. My meal at dinner was good, but the shrimp were't deveined. My husband's meal was a bit bland.

Dear "Ktshining",
Thank you for taking the time sharing your experience in regards with your recent stay. We're glad to read your satisfaction particularly about the efficiency of our front desk staff as well as the quality of service and facilities.
We have taken your negative comments onboard and shared them with the rest of our team. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about the size of the rooms, just so you know we have bigger rooms (deluxe uptown) which have plenty of space to store the luggage. We usually recomend that type of room for long stays. We're sorry to hear that the dinner at our restaurant didn't fulfill your expectation, we hope to be more convincing next time.
All in all, we hope to welcome you again and leave you completely satisfied in the future.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

When I first found this hotel on line, I couldn't book through their website. It said to call, so I did. They then told me they didn't speak English and that I had to email. So I did. I never got a response. So I went through a third party booking site to book my trip. (I was determined to stay at Inspira Santa Marta). My card wasn't charged, so I emailed again. I got a phone call back. I spoke with the woman who confirmed my reservation, told me they were charging my card, and that I would have a room with two beds for my friend and I. When I got there, they put me in a tiny room with only 1 bed. When I went downstairs to complain, I was told they had no record of my phone call and didn't believe my story. I was made to pay an upgrade fee to get the two beds. Also, the front desk attendant was rude during the resolution of this situation. Also, the breakfast is overpriced. I will not be going back to this hotel and it's a shame, because the experience had the potential to be amazing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear” Erica194”,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry that we did not leave you with a long-lasting impression with regards to the reservation and check-in experiences.... We were very surprised to read your comment regarding our staff not speaking English, the fact is that the majority of our team (including reception and reservation) is fluent in English. We truly believe that there has been a misunderstanding with the type of room reserved, and to resolve this issue we tried to find a fair deal that would satisfy both parties. In your case, we did offer a 50% discount off the supplement and, as a gesture of goodwill, we even sent a local festive cake up to your room. We are advised that you apparently did not appreciate this gesture as you called to have it taken away from your room. It is clear that we really tried our best to fulfill your expectations but obviously this was not meant to happen…..
Overall, our hotel has achieved a ranking of 15th out of more than 200 hotels in Lisbon on Trip Advisor - and whilst we did not succeed to impress you, I am sure you can appreciate that one needs a good overall quality to reach that level. We will however use your recommendations to improve our position!
Thank you nonetheless for your comments and for giving us the opportunity to get things right and I hope you are able to reconsider your decision so that we may be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Nick Roucos
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Inspira Santa Marta and were very statisfied. We felt the hotel stands out in terms of comfort, convenience and cleanliness. It has all modern and up to date facilities that make a traveller feel comfortable in a city hotel. For instance: walk-in shower, separate toilette, individual lightning and excellent beds. Aircon and soundproof windows are a plus too. The Spa is top for a 4-star hotel. The gym is rather small though, but it was empty anyway. The location is good as it is near the metro, but a bit off the main attractions. We can recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SandraMencucci, Gerente de relações com clientes at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear "Moonman_13",
Many thanks for your great feedback, we're glad to read your satisfaction and we thank you for the recommendation. We hope to welcome you agin in 2013 !
Happy new year !
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The first feeling you have while entering into the lobby is the relaxing and calm atmosphere. Decorated with lots of care, this is a very modern hotel, rooms are well-insulated and they have a eco responsible policy. The hotel also has a SPA which is terrific when it comes to relax yourself after going through times of stress. Very good breakfast and brunch.
The hotel is very well located near the Avenida da Liberdade, just 15' walk from the heart of the historic center. We highly recommend this place!

Dear "Chris_Jane_13",
Many thanks for your great comments.We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel. Thanks for recommending us !
We wish you a wonderful 2013 and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very nice rooms, WIFI included, good breakfast menu. Very friendly staff. Did not try SPA area, but it is supposed to be nice. Fitness area is goog enough for a hotel stay, it is a small room with running machine, weightlifting machine, stepping machine, TV.

Room Tip: The double rooms have only one double bed, the superior rooms have 2 beds.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Santa_Marta_Hotel, Gerente de relações com clientes at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear "rahimsa1",
Thank you very much for your review. It's good to see that you enjoyed your recent stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Regards,
Tartu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

What a surprise. In the center of Lisbon. Very modern eco-friendly hotel with a futuristic design. Great free internet connection and options of connecting your gadgets directly to a control panel - I watched movies from my android tablets directly on the TV. Shower with glass on 3 sides in the the middle of the room - sad that my girl friend was not joining this trip :) Staff exceptional helpful and service minded.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear "pfeilberg"
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcome you back on a future occasion!
Best Regards,
Nick Roucos

Been to Inspira Santa Marta Hotel? Share your experiences!