“Seriously, one of the best of my life” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Portuguese, International, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Naples, Italy
“Seriously, one of the best of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The stars must have aligned in the most perfect evening of perhaps my entire life when we went to 100 Maneiras. Between the quiet, tiny interior, the warm smell of spice on the stove, and the first class waitstaff, I cannot think of anything that was out of place. The food was like a symphony, each of the 8 courses highlighting a different part of my senses and leaving me wishing for more. The wines were expertly paired - especially the Monte Cascas Fernao Pires 2009 Tejo, which thanks to Pedro, I picked up the following day at a highly recommended wine shop on Rua Santa Justa.

Yes, the bill was quite high. Check your penny pinching side at the door and just enjoy the evening. And then agree to get the premium tasting menu. Sigh... what an evening.

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Zug, Switzerland
“Great place, great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We got a recommendation for this restaurant. There is only one menu with two wine pairing options. food is excellent and I did not figure out how 5 people in such a small kitchen can come up with so great food.
it's a small place and reservations highly recommendation. Staff is super friendly, making it a great experience

• Visited November 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

it complitly true all the reviews about this place!it is even not enough!We were a weel in Lisbon and we have been allmost everday in this place!They have great food!Delicious,very fair prices and excelent service!We do highly recommend this restaurant to everbody!

• Visited September 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A must in Lisbon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had read a lot of reviews of this restaurant and it didn't disappoint. It is quite small inside and reletively casual. The tasting menu was fantastic - I can't remember every course but my particular favourite was Portuguese style cod hung up on a mini washing line like sheets drying in the wind. Great presentation! We also had the wine pairing which was great. Highly recommend....

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kozani, Greece
“Thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was a really pleasant and enjoyable degustacion experience that I would highly recommend.

Some things on the surroundings: we entered, more literally, dropped in, and thankfully there was space available. Small, cozy place, nothing overstated and nothing sloppy, lots of white tones, overall very calming. Few tables. Both waiters and the waitress that attended to us were courteous yet friendly. And polyglots! :) All in all, our mood quickly changed from fast/busy pace and tired tourists to friendly, reaxing and welcoming.

And now on the main thing, Food and Wine. I have often been disheartened at how contemporary gastronomy can try way too hard to impress with no substance behind it. Nothing like it here, a very well studied and developed menu. My favorite dish was the similar-to-bacalau fish (cannot remember the name) with spinach risotto. I think these are both some of the more challenging foods to get them exactly right and they were both excellently cooked! I wish more restaurants of this type took to "simpler" food and served an unpretentious dish fabulously cooked. By saying "simpler" I by no means want to downplay the details that were really refined and the imagination and creativity that went in each of those dishes. Every new dish was a pleasant surprise and their sequence a very pleasant experience.

The matching wines were all excellent choices, a very nice collection of different whites, and a red that made a great match to the meat dish. Extra points for the meat being cooked medium and not medium-rare or rare.

One more food that was absolutely fantastic: ravioli with foie gras.
And the dessert. Deconstruction of a typical Portuguese one. Yumm.

The dollar, well, euro question. Degustacion menus tend to often be very expensive (and I personally, or rather me and my wallet, shy away from it), however we thought this was an excellent opportunity in terms of affordability. Yes it does not compare with portuguese tavernas in termis of price but this is not a portuguese taverna. The price can easily be that of an average restaurant in Northern Europe but yet again this is not an average restaurant in Northern Europe. So definitely go for it, it is money well spent if you love food.

The wine tasting list is simply at a fantastic price, do not think twice.

Overall, thumbs up :)