This is a quirky B&B decorated with an eclectic mix of modern and shabby chic furniture and various works of art in a part of town that was not too salubrious as the surroundings were covered in graffitti.
In fact most of Lisbon was covered in graffitti which does not give a great initial impression to any visitor.
At the bottom of the steep hill there is the tram stop number 28 which is very quaint and it passes several landmarks.
The Lisboa Viva card was great value at 6 Euro daily,as it allowed non stop travel on the excellent metro service and the trams and cable cars.
The room was simply and tastefully decorated and clean.
The bed was a standard double and there were no tea or coffee making facilities in the form of a kettle in the room,but this may the norm in Portugal, so I would advise a travel kettle.
The bathroom was lovely with a fantastic power shower and loads of piping hot water which was great after a days walking around the sights.
Unfortunately sleep quality was not very good as there was a couple in the room next door who would be very noisy as they tried to open their room later at night as well as loudly closing various bits of furniture and arguing at the top of their voices,which is no fault of the establishment but just bad manners on their part.
Breakfasts were taken downstairs in the rustic dining area.It was a self service with a lovely bowl of fresh fruit salad and lots of homebaked pastries and bread with butter and honey.
The hosts were charming and nothing was too much bother for them and they went out of their way to offer excellent service and advice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiadu Boutique Guesthouses started in 2007 and is a trademark for "refined" guesthouses, combining the provision of comfort and elegance with a customer service completely dedicated to each of its customers. The Casa do Bairro by Shaidu, only a 5-minute walk away from Chiado, Bairro Alto and the No. 28 Cable Car to Alfama, opened in the spring of 2009. It was in that major apartment complex, with its 11 double, triple and family-sized suites, that our first guests got a taste of our very characteristic Lisboan hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa do Bairro - Shiadu Boutique Guesthouses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Do Bairro Bed And Breakfast And Apartments
- Casa Do Bairro b&b And Apartments Hotel Lisbon