“Great Eating Place Hidden Just off the Main Streets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sacramento

Sacramento
Calcada Do Sacramento, 46, Lisbon 1200-394, Portugal (Baixa)
+351 213420572
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 2,539 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Winery, Bar, Coffee Shop, Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa
aberdeen
“Great Eating Place Hidden Just off the Main Streets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The trip advisor rating is definitely justified. The staff are excellent, and particular mention of Joseph who recommended a fantastic rose wine!!
The food was excellent, particularly the monk fish and the giant prawns!!
Even on a Monday night the restaurant was practically full.
It doesnt look much from the outside, but was very big inside and really nicely decorated.
I would definitely recommend and would return.
Most of the staff speak really good English and give good recommendations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lydney, United Kingdom
“Popular and trendy eatery full of locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived without a reservation and decided to wait 40 minutes for a table. After 2 minutes a table was found for us. Charming and attentive staff. A mix of traditional Portuguese dishes with classic bistro food. Six of us spent 200 Euros and ate very well. Great ambience but don't expect speedy service. Having said that our food was well worth the wait

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Competent servers at other tables...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to this restaurant upon high recommendation of the concierge at our hotel who arranged the reservation. We arrived early and we were able to be seated with several to choose from at 9pm on a Sunday evening. We ordered cocktails prior to dinner and it took 20 minutes for those to arrive. When we wanted to place our order for at least the appetizers, our server told us we had to order everything together. Another 20 minute wait just to take that order. While watching other servers around us and new diners obtaining their food, I questioned where our salad and meat/cheese plate was at after 1 hour! Our server stated "I have asked 2x for it". I told him how disappointed I am with this experience after given high recommendations from our hotel (expensive one at that!). Finally 10 minutes after that our salad and meat/cheese arrived. Another 45 minute wait and our main course arrived. Our server gave me several excuses for the poor service, such as the cook staff and being busy, but did not acknowledge the fact that other tables were served appropriately. I understand that it can take some time, however when others around you are served and have left before you have eaten, I would say that was very poor service. Not once did he check on us, until he saw me pouring my own wine and attempted to take the bottle from me. Thoroughly disgusted at that point, I just wanted to leave. The food was average as I had high expectations due to the recommendation of our concierge. Needless to say, upon returning to our hotel 3 hours later, our concierge was disappointed with our report and was calling to speak to management. No matter the industry...the customer comes first! I think this is something our server needs to learn.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food in a romantic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went for dinner to this place during our visit to Lisbon and really enjoyed the experience. When we arrived there were no free tables, despite it being 10pm on a Monday night!! but the host was very friendly and asked us to come back in about 30 mins, which we did. we surely can say it was worth the wait - the food was amazing, delicious octopus definitely must be sampled. And we had a nice romantic table on the top floor overlooking the whole restaurant.
Next time in Lisbon we will definitely be going there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Willemstad, Curacao
“most lovely food and entourage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

While entering the restaurant we were pleasantly surprised by the extreme competence of the waiters, who even knew to tell us how the food was prepared and which herbs were used, also they had an excellent knowledge of the wines which would be best to accompany our food..
It was very nice to see those young people enjoying their work and thus creating an unforgettable dinner for us.. I recommend this restaurant to anyone, best value for money!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere