“Octopus salad Muito bom (very good)!!! Must try it.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #728 of 2,349 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Octopus salad Muito bom (very good)!!! Must try it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

All good. Had the octopus salad, bread, Dover sole and veggies. Octopus was the best! Service was great, my server helped me with learning Portuguese words as it was my first day in town. They have some very old ports that looked great, I don't drink so I didn't try them.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Agree with Beware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Thank you Ricardo and Nuno for your response. My friend certainly did receive a fraud alert. I was standing with her while she was on the phone with the credit card company. You may be interested to know the case was resolved in favor of my friend. YOu were unable to produce a signed receipt for the charge, so payment was denied!
We did not return to the restaurant since we left Lisbon VERY early.
As far as the hotel we stayed at, it is not pertinent.
It's unfortunate such a loely meal turned into an unpleasant experience. For you to deny this occurred and tell me friend was not truthful, only adds insult to injury.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Groningen, The Netherlands
“for fish afficiaonados”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went there twice, so I got some experience. Good food, the fish in particular (had octopus and linguado). Fruit salad as dessert is also delicious. And waiters are really friendly and not pushy at all. Prices reasonable (as in most other places BTW).

Visited July 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Typical tourist trap, disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had one dinner in this restaurant and it was horrible experience. I thought that it´s impossible to get bad codfish in Portugal but in Marisqueria Santa Marta I got a really disgusting one. Our waiter was so strange! And finally I got a bill which included things what we didn´t order! You should avoid it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice ambience let down by poor food and high prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice ambience let down by poor food and high prices - literally 3 times the price of a small restaurant (O Coradinho) 200 metres down the same street whose food is far better (Euros 51 compared to just E17 at O Coradinho!)
On arrival we were given a plate of seafood salad (mainly tasted of vinegar) plus some toasted bread and butter - thought it was complimentary as we hadn't ordered it but bill showed a charge of E6.80!
Service was quick but both main courses were poor - desserts OK and free glass of port but didn't make up for prices and poor quality main courses.

• Visited June 2013