“Worth seeking out.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Worth seeking out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very helpful and sweet, the made us up a table away from the door when they saw this was the only table for two. They had two large tables in that night but we were by no means neglected.
The food was excellent, well presented and not overpriced. My dessert was huge! It's a tiny little place with a really nice atmosphere. We didn't find anywhere else as good in estriol. We would come here again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Providence, Rhode Island
“Culinary high point of our trip to Portugal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are an American couple who have traveled quite a bit throughout Europe--we've lived in France for a couple of years--and we love to find a truly exceptional restaurant. Tertulia do Monte was the culinary high point of our week's stay in Portugal. Everything was perfectly prepared, the flavors were adventurous and delicious, and the service was perfect. My only hesitation in giving this gem a rave is that it's a quiet, understated, cozy place--I believe that it's almost better to go in expecting a neighborhood eatery and then to be blown away. Tertulia do Monte is not fancy. It has no bells and whistles. It's just a place that honors and delights in serving customers amazing food in a warm and serene setting.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Simply a lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I wanted somewhere nice to take my wife for her birthday and my two daughters. I used to live in Portugal many years ago so know the typical food and appreciate that speaking a little Portuguese means you sometimes get a better reaction than being an out and out tourist.

Decided on Tertulia da Monte after reading through the reviews here, always take these reviews as a rough guide as some always seem hell bent on being a food critic and slamming places for no reason. We were not disappointed at all with Tertulia, in fact we were delighted. The food was delicious, the service great, there when you needed left alone when you were talking, for me exactly how it should be. The restaurant was pretty full, we had made a reservation which I would recommend, we could have got in without one but what take the risk?

Party of four, we had the converts (shown in the menu and you don't have to have them)' scallops, x2,which were delicious, bruschetta with foie gras, and bruschetta with tomato and Parmesan both really nice, bottle of house wine, sea bass with risotto, x2, hake gratin and cod with potatoes, all really well presented, fresh and really flavoursome. Chocolate mouse, grilled pineapple with cinnamon and chocolate cake to finish, various soft drinks, water and a bica (like an espresso but oh so much nicer) to finish, great meal, great service and at 140€ I reckon good value.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, good food and decent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Probably amongst the 'classiest' establishments in Monte Estoril and very popular. Starters were the same price as main courses which confused me and resulted in my family and friends either sharing one or not bothering. My steak was disappointing though others were happy with their main courses. Puddings were very good. Service began well but deteriorated as the restaurant filled up.
There is no outdoor dining here.
Despite reviews, Tertulia is not the best restaurant in Monte Estoril.

Visited August 2013
Bergen, Norway
“Great local reastaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

A cozy little reastaurant in Estoril. Everyhing on the menu looked great, the fish dishes we tried were wonderful, and the cheesecake for desert as well.. All in all a very nice place worth a visit!

Visited August 2013