“Fado evening” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Portuguese, Tapas
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fado evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The host made sure I had a good vegan-vegetarian options to enjoy and the evening was fun, with the singing providing an extra dimension to appreciate.

Visited August 2014

Belgrade, Serbia
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I had the best lunch in 40 days of holiday.
I know what I am saying, and I did not eat sandwiches in this 40 days. I went from Belgrade in Serbia on my motorcycle via Venice, Portofino, Sanremo, Cannes, Barcelona, Mallorca, Valencia, Altea, Marbella, Cadiz, Sevilla, Lisbon and I had nice food in all these places, but, not tapas as I got in A ADEGA taberna (I say "taberna" since it does not look like proper restaurant). I had various tapas on the way, in Alicante, Cartagena, Almeria, Malaga, and I can say A ADEGA tapas are one of the best.
Tapas are not so Amazing as it is the place and atmospheres inside and excellent, discrete service.
I spent 2 hours, alone, eating tapas, drinking several bottle of water, a glass of nice wine, waiter recommended (200ml in a nice high glass for 1 eur).
First, when you seat, before ordering, you get nice piece (200gr. about) of excellent home made cheese and local olives (did look and tasted like kalamata olives in Greece). The bread comes in a colored textile bag !!! This they are calling couvert and it costed 2 eur. Then I ordered some tapas as salty roasted peppers (it was HOT), pork meat with shrimps... nice mix salad with lettuce, fresh grape, fresh figs, apple, strawberry, cherry tomatoes and I finished with some house dessert made of caramel, crunched cookies and cream. Excellent place and the bill was 25 eur only.
I will remember it for long time and I hope I will visit A ADEGA again.
Funny thing is that the day before yesterday 5time I visited the place) I was on the way from Cascais to Sintra and somehow navi redirect me in this street where A ADEGA is. I pass it and after 200m I decided to turn and go to have a lunch in that place I just passed... and the destiny was to stop there and have nice time.
Sasa Popovic

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Homely, excellent food and very reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This is the kind of restaurant you would wish to have in your own hometown. Very friendly atmosphere (mostly locals), excellent food and downright cheap. The restaurant is a tapas restaurant but has a la carte dishes as well. We had a combination of both and everything we got tasted delicious. Some of the dishes come with a twist. The serve fried potato skins with homemade mayonaise as an alternative to the standard french fries, and to our surprise this tasted much much better that any french fries we had. Restaurant is run by a couple, and when we were there it was packed and they still managed to run the place with only the two of them, and still pay attention to all the guests. In short, this restaurant was among our highlights in Portugal and can only be much much recommended!

Visited July 2014
breda
“unique off the beaten track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We were fed up with all the touristy stuff in Cascais and decided to drive a bit up north, landed in this quirky spot with "laundry" hanging from the ceiling, loads of pictures and other decorations in this tiny place. The owner was friendly with a good sense of humor. Advising on us on what to try and eat. Food was great, tasty, and unlike other dishes we had in the area. Highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, united Kingdom
“Excellent tapas in a pleasant location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very welcoming and friendly English speaking owner (and friendly kitchen staff), in this great little local restaurant just off the main Sintra - Cascais road (N247) outside Almocageme. There is a small parking area out front, or it's an easy walk into the nearby village. Although the tapas menu was quite small, the individual dishes were of excellent quality and value and arrived quickly and frequently which was impressive given that another large (extended family) group was being supplied equally quickly with their many dishes.
We enjoyed a great family evening meal finished off with complementary local brandy. It's quite a cozy place, with a small busy kitchen visible to the main dining room and interesting decorations. If you are anywhere nearby we'd recommend an evening meal there.

• Visited December 2013