“Beautiful place near to the ocean” 5 of 5 stars

You added Quinta da Vigia to your Saves list
Quinta da Vigia
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Rua da praia pequena 20, Colares 2710, Portugal   |
Prague, Czech Republic
“Beautiful place near to the ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

First of all, I'd like to say I traveled to Quinta da Vigia with my family (parents, me and my brother) we had a rented car, because main reason for our stay in Portugal was to visit several places including Lisbon and other smaller towns near to it. We payed a lot of money for the entire holiday, in my opinion, but I have to say I loved it and I think that it might have been the best holiday I've ever been to.
And without this hotel it wouldn't be the same, I think. I was satisfied, because the view on ocean and the nearest beach was just lovely. The interior was a bit poor, but who cares. If I wanted a 5 star hotel, I'd choose something else. I could sleep, the bed was comfortable, I could wash myself and we could eat a breakfast in our room, too. The room was clean. All I need. The staff was very friendly and helpful, too, they even gave us a few tips where to go and we tried one of them and it was amazing!
I think it depends on what holiday you want, but this hotel was a perfect one for my dream holiday in Portugal, I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have rarely seen anything perfect in Portugual, but there are various levels of deterioration. Quinta da Vigia has a nice enough outdoor space, but there was a low wall that basically blocked any view of the ocean from the gardens. The rooms were furnished with very old, disheveled, and originally low quality couches and beds. Most of the rooms have some visible mold on the ceilings and in the corners, and the cupboards were very musty. It is hard to avoid this in Portugal, as it is so humid and warm, there is never a hard frost to kill off the spores.

For lower prices this may have been acceptable, but not for the published rates. Had we traveled from another country with prepaid reservations we would have been quite unhappy, but as it was we simply left after one night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We happened upon this hotel as we ran into problems with accomodation that we had booked in the area, we were a party of 12 and were stuck last minute for somewhere to stay. The staff were so helpful, they had availability the following night and rang their sister hotel in Praia Maca's and got us 3 apts for the first night and we stayed in Quinta da Viga the following night.
The rooms are very clean and plenty of room, lovely ocen views and a lovely pool. You can walk along the coast to Praia Da Maca's which is short but you have to paddle across a stream so dont go dressed up! In Praia da Maca's there are some fab seafood restaurants and very good value.
I would highly reccomend Quinta Da Viga, service for breakfast is a bit slow but the staff are so nice that as long as you are not in a rush its fine.

Room Tip: The rooms at pool level were probably bigger, but I think they were two bedroomed
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Could use some paint outdoors, mainhouse looks untouched since 70's but apts are simple & clean and reasonably equiped ( coffeemaker, waterboiler, small stove, microwave). fresh towels everyday. apts with seaview really give you a great view of the ocean. Gardenapts give you a lawn in front with a wall view :) staff is really nice & friendly. 200mtrs from beach. BIG waves, so kids must know how to swim.
Apt

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Hamilton, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

We had an apartment for two people and it had plenty of room and it could actually sleep three more people. The lady that we dealt with when booking in did not speak english but we managed to communicate through pointing and gestures etc. The photos on the brochures look very flash but in reality the villa is looking quite neglected. I thought this was a real shame as it is a great location and was obviously built to a high standard. The only problem we had was the shower - it was a hose shower and the bracket on the wall was broken so you had to hold the shower head in your hand. Although the location is great keep in mind that it is well outside of Sintra and so a car is best. There was a tram but we couldn't work out if it went into Sintra and it also looked painfully slow.
I think I would return here as the price suited our budget and although the place was neglected we didn't experience any major problems because of it.

• Liked — the size of the apartments
  • Disliked — neglected
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quinta da Vigia? Share your experiences!