“Ask for 3rd floor rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Moinho de Vento
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Paulo Emilio, 13, Viseu 3510-098, Portugal   |
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Viseu
Lisbon
“Ask for 3rd floor rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I've been there about a week.

I went for Viseu for a friend's wedding and he recommended this hotel because he managed to get a real good price (about € 38 / night).
It's a small hotel, near the city center, located in a residential building.
The problem is they had shown to my friend the 3rd floor rooms, which have been redecorated recently. Despite the relative small size (12 square meter plus 3 square meter bathroom), they have wood floor, good beds and a nice view. He got one of those for his last night as single.
The guests, which included me and great part of his family, got the 2nd and 1st floor rooms, which, in benefit of truth and being euphemistic, stuck frozen in the early 80's. Carpet floor, lousy beds (my poor back still remembers) and the bonus for me, a broken toilet seat!!!
Of course, no one complained about this on his wedding date, but in the very next day, he came to me and asked if I shared the same unpleasant feeling that the rest of his family experienced. What could I say...
All in all, the service wasn't that bad, as at 6.30 a.m. I asked the attender for hot water and he promptly and swiftly managed. He wasn't the most pleasant person in the world, but who is at that hour of the day?
Also the rooms were cleaned everyday around 13.00, all the beds were made, but the towels remained the same since day 1.
I must say that I got a fair price for the service, but only because of my friend's negotiation, otherwise and given the balcony prices (€ 60 / room) I would prefer other offers closely located and within the same price range.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Hotel Moinho de Vento? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Moinho de Vento

Address: Rua Paulo Emilio, 13, Viseu 3510-098, Portugal
Location: Portugal > Northern Portugal > Viseu District > Viseu
Bar / Lounge
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Viseu
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Moinho de Vento 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Moinho de Vento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Moinho de Vento, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.