“I highly recommend hotel Antillia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antillia Hotel Apartamento

You added Antillia Hotel Apartamento to your Saves list
Antillia Hotel Apartamento
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Rua do Peru, 105, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel 9500-311, Portugal   |
Helsinki, Finland
“I highly recommend hotel Antillia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Everything in this hotel was good. The apartment was spacious and very clean. The hotel bar and restaurant were good. The hotel has both inside and outdoor swimming pools and a gym. Good location. Good service. Nice lobby.
I could stay there again, anytime!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Scarborough, Maine
1,381 helpful votes 1,381 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We spent a night at this apartment hotel and were very impressed. The entire complex has a fresh, upbeat, modern feel to it. Our apartment was very spacious and attractive, and had a well-supplied kitchenette. We enjoyed the large ocean-view balcony. The front desk employees were extremely pleasant and helpful. Even though we were only there for one night, they treated us like VIP’s – we were there on our anniversary, and they graciously allowed us a late check-out and sent up a bottle of chilled champagne to our room.

We got an excellent rate by booking through the hotel’s website. Considering all of the amenities offered, this was a great value. Due to our short off-season stay, we didn’t take advantage of many of the facilities, but from what we saw, the outdoor pool and solarium were lovely, and the gym looked very impressive (it has an indoor pool, as well). We didn’t eat at the attractive restaurant, but did have a very good cheeseburger at the bar. The food and drink prices were very reasonable.

We appreciated the free on-site parking (the spaces are a bit tight, but that seems to be the case all over the island). A supermarket was just a 5-minute walk away, and the center of town was within a reasonable walking distance, as well. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel and cannot really complain. Very nice hotel or apparthotel and pleasant people at reception.

They offer normal rooms but also bigger ones with kitchenette etc... but they all offer balcony.

It is 2 streets behind the main road (port) and therefore you will not hear much noise. It will take you 5-10 minutes walk to reach the city center and 20-25 minutes walk to the big shopping center (Parque Atlantico). The street of the hotel is very local so nobody to be seen when walking back in the evening but the island is secure so ...

The outside pool is small but nice and cosy with a bar as well.

The only negative point regarding the rooms is that they don't have refrigerator :-( I mentioned it at the reception when leaving as I think it is a shame as the space has been foreseen ...

A safe will cost you EUR 2.50 per day and parking is free. They only offer wire internet in the rooms (with cable available at the reception) and WIFI on the ground floor entrance area, both for free.

The hotel has a fitness / spa on the ground floor that is also used by local people. It is very nice (inside pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room and you can have a massage if booked in advance).

If they would add fridge in the rooms and WIFI in the rooms, the hotel would just be perfect !!! ;-)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

I stayed at this hotel with my family, and enjoyed the stay very much! The hotel is new and rooms are spacious and well equipped. The staff is friendly and helpful and the level of english is good.

Tbe hotel has an indoor (in connection with gym) and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool is beautiful, you can enjoy a poolside drink or lunch from the bar. The hotel restaurant has good food for a reasonabel price.

• Liked — Apartments, nice pool, friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — A bit out of the way, but still within walking distance from all attractions
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Russia, St-Petersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

I spent in this hotel a week. I liked it very much. The most plesant thing was that i was given an upgration: i odered standard room but was given an apartment, it was a really nice surprise. I would say that it is a little far away from the main attractions but on the other hand it is near municipal pool. The hotel is situated at the good street and if you go along it to tha center you will find a lot of shops. My apartment was very good: i have a specious living room and a bedroom, bathroom was big and comfortable with a bathtub, big basin, bidee etc. The staff was very kind. The pool area was very nice: with clean and good pool. It was a really good trip.
If you are interested in anything else please feel free to contact me i will be glad to share information.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

Since this property is relatively new (opened in 2007), and since the Azores are a bit off the beaten path, this property was not listed on Trip Advisor. Having stayed there in September 2007, I thought I should let other travelers know what a great place it is.

The hotel is located in Ponta Delgada, though not directly in the center of the city, but in walking distance to shops and restaurants and sites of interest. Being a new hotel, it is clean, modern, and does not smell of cigarettes. Just about every hotel in San Miguel allows smoking in their rooms (as does this one), but since it is new and the rooms have hardwood flooring rather than carpets, I didn't detect any odor at all (I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, so this was great.) My room also had a balcony, so I imagine smokers may opt to smoke outside, again minimizing the odor.

The hotel has a restaurant, though my family and I did not dine there. There is also a pool and a game room in the hotel with a pool table. The staff are extremely friendly and speak surprisingly fluent English. While there, they recommended a few great restaurants to us and also arranged for taxi service. When we stayed in September 2007, we paid a great rate. My room with two twin beds was under 80 EUROS, while my parents, who stayed in a studio apartment complete with kitchen and living room, paid just under 100 EUROS nightly. Of course, prices may have changed.

The only complaint I can register against this hotel is that parking is very limited (as I imagine it to be in all hotels in Ponta Delgada). That said, if you are looking for a quiet, clean, well situated hotel with a friendly staff at a fair price, you can't beat this place.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Antillia Hotel Apartamento? Share your experiences!