“Thank you Gary” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 31 Activities in Ponta Delgada
More attraction details
Owner description: Gary Travassos Azores Taxi & Van Tours. Personalized Taxi & Van Tours to see the most beautiful places on Sao Miguel, Azores. Trips to golf courses or to walking trails and return, Airport transfers to hotels on the island. Regular pick-up services too. With 1000 photos, videos and interesting information about the Azores.You won´t regret it!!!
Chicago, Illinois
76 attraction reviews
“Thank you Gary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

A group of eight from the Royal Princess had a lovely day with Gary in May. Gary was easy to contact and communicate with regarding the tour. We had the privilege of having Gary himself as our guide.

We had chosen the Sete Cidades Lakes / Fire Lake tour but because of the torrential rain that was falling on that side of the island, we went to Sao Miguel (quick tour of the town in a lite drizzle), the Gorreana Tea Company plantation (fascinating), to several overlooks and waterfalls (gorgeous despite the clouds), to Laguna de Furnas (beautiful with azaleas blooming everywhere), the “thermal” village of Furnas and to a lovely local restaurant to taste the local wines, cheese and breads (this was an impromptu request from us on the tour and Gary set it up very quickly!). It was a lovely place.

By this time the weather had improved and we drove along the coast then up to Fire Lake, which was amazing. The clouds had lifted just enough for us to see the lake.

Everything we saw was beautiful and pristine. The island was so clean, green and fresh. The thermal activity was amazing and interesting. We enjoyed seeing the portable “milking stations” and having cattle with bulging udders on the road with us. Gary was warm and very hospitable and listened to every request. I wanted to see one of the famed Azores cattle dog and he found me one to see…a pit bull on steroids!

The tour was well worth the price. Gary is a first class guide and person. His van was clean and he drove safely. He spoke English perfectly and loved answering questions about his island. What a charming island and guide…I will be back to this piece of paradise!

• Polish first
Toronto, Canada
“A very special tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I had only one week on the island and we wanted to see as much as possible. We booked tour #1 and tour #2 with Gary and were not disappointed. He was knowledgeable and personable and was flexible in bringing us to areas that were important to us. The van was clean and comfortable too! The island is stunning and Gary knows where to go to get the best views from all angles. We loved our trip so much that we are planning on returning soon! All the best to you and your family Gary! Thank you for the pics - I will treasure this vacation forever!

CALIFORNIA
118 attraction reviews
“Best Tour Guide on Sao Miguel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We used Gary's guide service in April 2013 for a group of 4 of us. We liked it so much that we had a group of 56 in 9 vehicles in April 2014 when were returned to Ponta Delgada. Gary was able to provide excellent vehicles and guides to accommodate all of us from a cruise ship. Everyone said that it was one of the best tours they had experienced. Gary's tours are always flexible based on the weather and wishes of the passengers. He also took us to places that the larger tour buses could not go.

Visited April 2014
“Thorough tours, personalized and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I travelled to Sao Miguel from May 18 to 28 with my family. It was my first visit to the island where my family was from and therefore a very meaningful trip. With only 10 days, I wanted to see as much as I could! Gary's tours provided us with just that! We chose tour #1 and tour #5 (I would recommend tour #1 and #2 to see all of the island - we chose tour #5 because we were visiting the area of Furnas - a must!! - independently)

Gary's knowledge of the island and its history is immense. He also provided us with flexibility in terms of where we would like to stop en route and also if we wanted to spend more time in one destination. It was completely personalized to our needs. As he could see I was an avid photographer he stopped many times to ensure I had enough time to take a photo - even in some areas where he had not planned to stop.

I did this tour with my husband, father, step-mother and younger brother (20) and sister (12) - quite a range of ages - and everyone enjoyed themselves! Its the type of tour that caters to all ages.

I would highly recommend Gary - what a great way to see the island without the stress of getting lost or driving the often height defying mountains!

Newport
“Top Ten Reason to Choose Gary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

5.) You will not miss a thing
6.) You won't get lost
7.) He knows everyone
8.) He takes good pictures of you
9.) The island is beautiful (ok, that is separate from the tour)
10.) By the end of the tour, you feel like you have a friend in San Miguel