The hotel is almost 80 years old but it was totally renovated recently. The level of service in my opinion is five star, so is the location in proximity of the Furnas lake. The hotel location is perfect (botanical garden). It is probably one of the nicest places on the island. The restaurant is top class. Clean room, comfortable bed. Great breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Today, the Azores Islands can relish in the grand re-opening of their most famous hotel, newly renovated. Terra Nostra Garden Hotel reopens to the public after extensive renovations reclassified as a 4-star property, positioning itself as one of the top hotels in Portugal. Located in Furnas Valley, on S. Miguel Island, Terra Nostra Garden Hotel is nestled in one of the World's best "Green Retreats," as deemed by Conde Nast Traveler - the 18th century Terra Nostra Garden exudes a breathtaking atmosphere of exoticism and mysticism in perfect harmony with nature. Opened since 1935, a time when the Azores Islands entered the international travel circuit for those seeking unique experiences, Terra Nostra Garden Hotel reopens with the same charming aura and exclusivity of the past, bringing you 86 rooms split between two buildings, maintaining its architectural history: the Art Deco Wing, built in the 1930's and the Garden Wing, added in the 1990's. The hotel's interior design concept stems from the Art Deco style, and introduces contemporary elements and materials, creating comfort and exclusivity perfectly integrated with the lush Terra Nostra Garden. The new Wellness areas are available and improved upon, making this hotel the perfect spotyou're your special events, taking into consideration the tremendous potential of Furnas Valley with theme-oriented activities, as a retreat getaway and so much more. In addition to the renovation, Terra Nostra Garden Hotel highlights Azorean products, focuses on the Furnas Cozido experience (a sustainable meal fully cooked underground with the heat of the volcanic hot springs) and the importance of protecting Furnas's unique environmental resources. The new Terra Nostra Restaurant offers a vast array of wine choices and delectable menu, up to par with the expectations of any wine connoisseur or avid foodie, who will appreciate the impeccable service and ambiance this restaurant has always had. Come stay with us at Terra Nostra Garden Hotel and you will have an unforgettable wellness experience, leaving you with memories to last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Terra Nostra Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Terra Nostra Garden
- Terra Nostra Garden são Miguel
- Terra Nostra Garden Hotel Sao Miguel, Azores