“Great couple of days” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 activities in Sao Miguel
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Gary Travassos Azores Taxi & Van Tours. Personalized Taxi & Van Tours to see the most beautiful places on Sao Miguel, Azores. Trips to golf courses or to walking trails and return, Airport transfers to hotels on the island. Regular pick-up services too. With 1000 photos, videos and interesting information about the Azores.You won´t regret it!!!
London
“Great couple of days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had the pleasure of being shown around the island over two days (with a gap in between for some whale watching) and had a great time with a great guide. I, like most people I'd guess, usually wait until I arrive at a destination then book up whatever tours are available in situ but swayed by the amount of superb reviews on this site & the information on Gary's own website decided to take the plunge and sent an enquiring e-mail. Gary resonded that day & after enquiring if the tours could be tweaked to cater for our 11 year old daughter we decided to book.
Can't really add to much to the good reviews already detailed already except to say that with three of us in the car it probably worked out cheaper than the coach tours we were offered in Ponta Delgada with the added bonus of flexibility and an on tap knowledgeable guide.

Highly recommended.

• Polish first
The Villages, Florida
18 attraction reviews
“A wonderful tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was a wonderful tour for 6 of us. We saw so much of the island and you could tell that Gary really loves his hometown He knew about not only the flora and fauna but the rocks as well. We saw magnificent coastal views, mountain lakes, water falls, hot springs, farms, cities, homes of the wealthy and not so well off. Lunch was at a small restaurant with local fare. Gary was charming and all in all it was a great day. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone. We were on a cruise ship and he was waiting as we docked and got us back in plenty of time.his vehicle was comfortable.

Templeton, California
“Gary Travassos AzoreanTours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Gary took us on the most wonderful tour of Sao Miguel, stopping at all the beautiful viewpoints. He knows the people and the land well. Gary opened the doors to finding my family in a small village, on a small hill where generations have lived. I have 3 grandparents and many generations back who were born on this island. He found someone to open the church, found the cemetery where ancestors are. He talked with the people until he found the family name. I can't speak Portuguese so he spoke for me. There is no way I could have found this small hill where they lived without his knowledge of the area and persistence in helping me in my search. I found and hugged family. It was wonderful. If you are interested in your family tree on Sao Miguel, Gary does well to help you find your roots. My husband and I will always remember his help and kindness. We had a great day and a great tour.

Anderson, south carolina
7 attraction reviews
“Tour Review - Great Day with Gary and Carlos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I took a tour with Gary on May 1st with several folks from our cruise ship. We had a van full and a car full traveling together. They took us to see their beautiful island and shared their pride if the island. While tour buses were stopping just to look over at Sete Cidades, we were riding along the top rim to see it from various views. They gladly took pictures for us with our cameras, shared so many beautiful sights on the island, told us about the history of the island, etc. They arranged a great lunch for us at a local restaurant on the other side of the island looking out over the ocean. They were great tour guides, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Gary Travassos is the best! He is a wonderful fellow, as well as most knowledgeable, prompt, courteous. His prices are very reasonable and the vehicle was clean and comfortable.

Visited April 2013