“Good comida portuguese” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 47 Restaurants in Sagres
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In our restaurant you'll find a family atmosphere unpretentious and simple yet cozy, our food is inspired by traditional Portuguese cuisine with emphasis on typical products of the region including the live seafood fresh fish and local sweets. All our food is prepared at the moment.
Sa, Portugal
“Good comida portuguese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Lovely couverts..(olives, fresh bead, sardine paste and delicious carrots,( Algarve style)starter was freshest meatiest mussels I have ever had.
Main course was grilled mullet with potatoes carrots and side salad……simply cooked but fesh and delicious.
Dessert was Portuguese rice pudding with cinnamon. All washed down with Vinho Tinta da Casa
Very good.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The staff is really attentive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The food was good. The seabass was grilled to perfection and the steak was really good as well.

The price was reasonable. I only stayed one night in sagres but would go again to this restaurant for sure.

Dublin
“Great for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had one of our best lunch in Sagres.
Bacalhau a Bràs and Bacalhau with potatoes.
Both amazingly cooked.
Clams in a garlic sauce for starter and red house wine.
Highly recommended.

Visited November 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“good but little bit over rated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

to be honest I was hoping for more according to the reviews. Actually I went there twice to check it. biggest disappointment was not fresh bread, which is bit strange in portugal and have shade all the rest of meal. After that the octopus salad which was nice and grilled octopus also ok but bit to rubbery. Second time I didn't take any bread to not disappoint my self in the beginning again. For a starter I had barnacles which where wonderful. second dish was alentejo pork with clams and potatoes - great base, tasty clams and potatoes only the pork lion was over dry, which was sad because after all the dish was very tasty. Second time I got a feeling that disturb the service while they watch tv.
In summary the place can be good but can bit not so good but its not great for sure I had a problem because of some dishes I can't call the food average, but for me its not a level of very good as well it also depend on the day and dish I guess. If you like barnacles this where ones of the best I had.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Mixed Bag”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went here on our 2nd night in Sagres as it was located opposite the supermarket and we needed to pick up some stuff. The food was good, we has the fresh sea bass and the restaurant and service was fine.

A week later we returned for what turned out to be an unpleasant experience.

We were served fish soup but when we politely said that we had ordered vegetable soup the waitress rolled her eyes and took them away without any apology.

The soup was eventually replaced without a word spoken.

Our main course also came and went without any words from the staff even when we thanked them. They basically ignored us for the rest of the night just because the got the soup order wrong.

Won't be back