“Amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The place is rather small, a lot of locals come to eat there, however it is located in the main street and as I talked to the owner (whos wife is the kitchen chef btw) I figured out that he has some permanent clients, who know his greatest dishes, and come to eat even from other villages. Thus just wanted to tell you about the great experience that I had and if you ever explore Portugal again- visiting this small restaurant is a must! my favorite was Prawns Coconut Mango btw, he is famous for his Lobster Cataplana, but as I spend a cuple of days in this place eating both breakfast and dinner because I was absolutely delighted about the taste of food, I can say that everything I tried(including my 3friends dishes) was delicious. Except the desserts though- unfortunately, they were miserable!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic reasonable food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Welcoming owner, delicious dishes at reasonable prices - all beautifully presented. Visited twice in our week in Sagres.

Visited June 2012
Toronto
“Fantastic meal is Sagres”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We found A Grelha just ouside of our hotel Memmo Baleria.
For an appetizer we ordered the avocado and shrimp. We accidentally ordered garlic bread instead of a regular bread basket to go with our stew, but it was tasty so it all worked out. For pur main we ordered the Fish rice (arroz de marisco). It was delicious and was a bargain at 22 euros for 2 people. It came with a lobster, squid, mussels, clams, plentiful shimps and oysters. The service was great. We were very happy with the choice we made and would return again.

Visited May 2012
Ireland
“Very good family run restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

There were not many tourists when we were in Sagres but I think most of the dined in this restaurant! It seemed to be frequented by tourists and locals which is a good recomendation for any restaurant. It produces very good quality local food at a reasonable price. The owner is very pleasent and helpfull and we had our nicest meal in Sagres at a fraction of the price of nearby expensive establishments.

• Visited November 2011