“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 47 restaurants in Sagres
Brussels, Belgium
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had a monfish skewer, and a simple chicken roast which was juicy and super-garlicky tasty. Skewer came a bit cold, obviously had to wait some time for the chicken roast. snet it back for a quick re-heat. Staff was very attentive and friendly, though. Overall, this is a no-fuss place deserving more attention than some other overrated or overpriced places in Sagres.

Visited August 2014

62% Recommend
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Full of local people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Always a good sign when all the other customers are local!
Garlic prawns to die for and black pork excellent value

Visited May 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Bad behaviour of the former fisherman”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

They use to ignore customers since the moment they get through the door.
Yes, the food is good, but They use to ignore customers since the moment they get through the door.
Yes, the food is good, but a restaurant must be much more than that. If you think in drink a bottle of wine, forget the proper glasses because the owner refuses to buy such luxuries...
Last time I went to this place eated clams and shared a dose of swordfish with my wife.
Bread arrived to the table the moment we were finishing the clams and the owner (the fisherman) had the nerve to ask me "Are you looking to me? Why, it wasn't me who took the order..." I thought I was going to get beaten, really!!!
Why do they open restaurants if they don't like to serve other people than their own family? I guess they like to earn the money but they don’t like what comes along...
Take my advice:
GO ELSEWHERE.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
midlands
“i thought it was very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

this place gets some poor reviews, but I thought it was good. it has a lovely location with a great view of the harbour below, and the coast beyond...
the menu is extensive with a lot of sea food choices. my grilled squids were very good - not sure about the carrots and sprouts to accompany !!
its a spacious place although the service was not particularly friendly - sadly I don't speak a word of portugese, but im sure the waitresses do speak some English, even if it is a bit begrudging
the highlight was the dessert cabinet - there must have been 12 or 15 different desserts to chose from. the almond one we chose was delish... but a lot of them involved almonds so im not sure exactly what it was !
it wasn't expensive, and I would definetly return if I was ever in the area again

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Prague
“Highly recommended good value Taverna in Sagres”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

During my five days in Sagres I tried to look for good value local restaurants. Two charged UK/Paris prices which is as rip-off where the local fish travels a few hundred metres to the restaurant, local salaries and rents are low and the style of cooking (grilled or boiled with the ubiquitous lettuce, tomato, grated cheese salad) does not warrant any premium. I reviewed these elsewhere. Pescador is in another class. The Portuguese owners serve you and they are very delightful. I recommend the hard sheep cheese as its softer on the inside and very tasty. The clams were fresh as you would expect and exactly what they are meant to be. My wife's grilled Dourade was similarly well served. This is not a beautiful restaurant but it has honest character like the owners and thats more important. The crew of a visiting Spanish galleon ate lunch and dinner there for 6 days and thats also a clear endorsement for the Pescador

Visited February 2013