What are the three factors that influence the value of a real estate? "Location, Location, Location."
Well, here you can't beat that. The location, the views, sunsets, pool area, stunnig to say the least. You also can arrive by your own helicopter, there is a landing site for that.
The rooms, the baths, public areas breathe still the atmosphere of the 60ies, when the place was built. A makeover would be in order, though the place is well kept and not at all run down.
All rooms have a view (see above) and a balcony. They are not too big but comfy.
Wifi is free, fast and working fine.
A drink on the terrace is cerainly in order to breathe in the beautiful surroundings.
The restaurant offers decent food and a short but nice wine list. And the service here was really outstanding. The waiting staff is well trained, friendly and attentive. We had not found that on our trip in Portugal so good.
Breakfast is a buffet with sufficient choices. But the coffe from the machine is not drinkable. also the hot water for the tea is not really hot. The waiter provides that from the kitchen.
All in all: Hotel with a very good service in a location from a picturebook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a Fortress with a breath-taking view The Pousada de Sagres is part of a scenario with flavours of the sea and with great historical importance. Designed by architect Jose Segurado and opened in 1960, in the commemorations of the fifth centenary of the death of Prince D. Henrique. From here, one can see the Fortress of Sagres, from where the Portuguese caravels departed for the Discoveries. Cape St. Vicente, named Sacrum Promontorium, is one of the most south-western parts of Europe, and fishing port. Overall, Algarve signifies soft sandy beaches with turquoise blue sea, green pine forests, flowers amongst the dunes, heat and a climate for passion, whether it is in the intense summer or the tranquil winter. But Algarve is more than just that. It's in this different Algarve where you can find the small fishing town known as the Vila do Bispo (Bishop's Town) and were lies Sagres in the south of Algarve. In entering the Sagres region you absorb a mystic atmosphere surrounded by an unspoilt landscape where the sea and the mountains meet to form an unusual natural heritage. The Pousada has 51 rooms that are ideal for an invigorating rest which include air conditioning, a desk and a safe. Outside there is a magnificent pool with sun loungers around it offering a stunning view of the coast. The more active guests can go fishing, Walking or do some surfing. After a relaxing day the guests of the Pousada de Sagres, Infante, can enjoy the Pousada's restaurant, which offers its guests the best cuisine of Algarve based on the sea and the freshness of its ingredients. The Fortress of Sagres is located 5 minutes by car from the hotel and the city of Lagos can be reached within 30 minutes. Experiencing the Pousada de Sagres is a starting point to go and discover the cultural authenticity of this region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Escapio and Odigeo so you can book your Pousada de Sagres, Infante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Infante Sagres
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel Sagres