We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Upon arriving the gal at the desk ______ Lopes (female) - (sorry I don't remember her name) was very pleasant & also made a great suggestion for us for dinner that night. She also was very knowledgable about the Algarve area & spoke english very well.
The restaurant was Carlos Restaurant - amazing food/service, etc.
The hotel was very clean, the breakfast was delicious & had several options from different breads, fresh juices, eggs, meats, cheeses, champagne & fruit.
We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel other than for breakfast & sleeping. Overall, this hotel was very comfortable but I think a bit pricey however, it is probably one of the best hotels in the area if you want to spend it in Sagres. We were taking the days & traveling to other parts of the Algarve, although it was a nice place to stay it was a little out of the way as we drove back & forth to different areas.
If you are wanting a place to stay for a few days, relax & just do nothing it is a great place to hang out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a Fortress with a breath-taking view The Pousada de Sagres is part of a scenario with flavours of the sea and with great historical importance. Designed by architect Jose Segurado and opened in 1960, in the commemorations of the fifth centenary of the death of Prince D. Henrique. From here, one can see the Fortress of Sagres, from where the Portuguese caravels departed for the Discoveries. Cape St. Vicente, named Sacrum Promontorium, is one of the most south-western parts of Europe, and fishing port. Overall, Algarve signifies soft sandy beaches with turquoise blue sea, green pine forests, flowers amongst the dunes, heat and a climate for passion, whether it is in the intense summer or the tranquil winter. But Algarve is more than just that. It's in this different Algarve where you can find the small fishing town known as the Vila do Bispo (Bishop's Town) and were lies Sagres in the south of Algarve. In entering the Sagres region you absorb a mystic atmosphere surrounded by an unspoilt landscape where the sea and the mountains meet to form an unusual natural heritage. The Pousada has 51 rooms that are ideal for an invigorating rest which include air conditioning, a desk and a safe. Outside there is a magnificent pool with sun loungers around it offering a stunning view of the coast. The more active guests can go fishing, Walking or do some surfing. After a relaxing day the guests of the Pousada de Sagres, Infante, can enjoy the Pousada's restaurant, which offers its guests the best cuisine of Algarve based on the sea and the freshness of its ingredients. The Fortress of Sagres is located 5 minutes by car from the hotel and the city of Lagos can be reached within 30 minutes. Experiencing the Pousada de Sagres is a starting point to go and discover the cultural authenticity of this region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pousada de Sagres, Infante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Infante Sagres
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel Sagres