The view alone is an amazing reason to book a night at the Pousada de Sagres. The views of the cape are breathtaking. Add to that friendly, helpful hotel staff and an amazing dining experience, and you get an all around spectacular retreat.
We toured Portugal for our honeymoon and the staff provided us with a complementary assortment of delicious chocolates and a bottle of champagne, which we enjoyed on our balcony overlooking the bay at sunset.
Afterward we had dinner in the hotel's restaurant and were not disappointed. For our meal, we selected a catalplana (copper cooking dish) filled with local Algarvian seafood, which our server dished out to us at the table. She also suggested a delicious bottle of vinho verde wine which complemented the meal perfectly. All of the waitstaff were prompt, courteous, and extremely attentive, not to mention very nice.
The decor of the restaurant isn't spectacular and the dinner service could use some local music and a dimming of the lights (very bright!) but again the views and the food made us forget any issues.
We highly recommend the Pousada!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a Fortress with a breath-taking view The Pousada de Sagres is part of a scenario with flavours of the sea and with great historical importance. Designed by architect Jose Segurado and opened in 1960, in the commemorations of the fifth centenary of the death of Prince D. Henrique. From here, one can see the Fortress of Sagres, from where the Portuguese caravels departed for the Discoveries. Cape St. Vicente, named Sacrum Promontorium, is one of the most south-western parts of Europe, and fishing port. Overall, Algarve signifies soft sandy beaches with turquoise blue sea, green pine forests, flowers amongst the dunes, heat and a climate for passion, whether it is in the intense summer or the tranquil winter. But Algarve is more than just that. It's in this different Algarve where you can find the small fishing town known as the Vila do Bispo (Bishop's Town) and were lies Sagres in the south of Algarve. In entering the Sagres region you absorb a mystic atmosphere surrounded by an unspoilt landscape where the sea and the mountains meet to form an unusual natural heritage. The Pousada has 51 rooms that are ideal for an invigorating rest which include air conditioning, a desk and a safe. Outside there is a magnificent pool with sun loungers around it offering a stunning view of the coast. The more active guests can go fishing, Walking or do some surfing. After a relaxing day the guests of the Pousada de Sagres, Infante, can enjoy the Pousada's restaurant, which offers its guests the best cuisine of Algarve based on the sea and the freshness of its ingredients. The Fortress of Sagres is located 5 minutes by car from the hotel and the city of Lagos can be reached within 30 minutes. Experiencing the Pousada de Sagres is a starting point to go and discover the cultural authenticity of this region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pousada de Sagres, Infante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Infante Sagres
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel Sagres