Yes, the location is spectacular. But on a rather damp March evening, with the hotel "at 50% occupancy" (I don't know where they all were) it was rather cold and unwelcoming. Fire not lit. Lights out behind the bar. Surprised to find the hotel receptionist spoke no English. "Any chance of a drink?", I said, having struggled to find anyone who would serve me. A rather feckless smile came back. Nobody appeared. We went out. Dinner was an odd affair. The dining room is uplit with florescent lighting - it was a bit like having a meal in a Turkish bathroom. Perhaps in the height of summer when, I guess, the place is full, it might have been a different experience. But if you are going to open a place all year around you need to staff it accordingly and make the effort to make it inviting.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel
- Pousada Do Infante Sagres
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel Sagres
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Sagres fort and the lighthouse of Cape St Vicent, Pousada do Infante enjoys a beautiful cliff-top location along the Atlantic Ocean. The sunbeds around the swimming pool offer breathtaking views of the coast. Sporty guests can enjoy a game of tennis on the tennis courts or go fishing. Guest rooms of the Pousada de Sagres include air conditioning, a work desk and safe. Each room has a modern bathroom with bathrobes for extra comfort. After a relaxing day, guests of the Pousada de Sagres can enjoy grilled lobster and typical Algarve almond pastries in the hotel’s restaurant. The Sagres fort is located a 5-minute drive away from the hotel. Lagos can be reached in a 30-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Pousada de Sagres, Infante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.