Following a lovely stay here in Spring 2012, we were delighted to be coming back to this beautiful, welcoming and spectacularly located Pousada. Again, our welcome was first class, with the friendly and efficient Reception and Restaurant staff doing their utmost to make you feel at home in the wonderful surroundings.
You could pay much, much more, and never get a view like this. Set on a promontory a couple of hundred yards or so from the little village of Sagres, this must be one of the world's greatest views. The end of the world as it was once known is so spectacular, and best viewed from your sea view bedroom in this lovely hotel.
The rooms are surprisingly light and modern, but spotlessly clean, and beautifully maintained by courteous and smiling housekeepers. Our suite was wonderful, but any of the rooms as long as they face the sea are just great. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are charming, friendly and always smiling. They take a pride in this lovely hotel, and it shows.
There are few nicer things to do in an evening than watch the spectacular sunsets over to the west, sipping cocktails with the sea rolling in before you. And even in bad weather, it is just as spectacular. The lounges are calm, comfortable and airy - just perfect to relax.
Breakfast is reliable, with a wide range of cold and some hot dishes. It is here you soon realise you are not the only returnees here - the pousada has, and deserves an ever growing band of regular clients. We are happy to join them, and will be back as soon as possible.
Thank you to all the staff at the Pousada Infante de Sagres. Keep our room safe for us - we will be back. Just the most lovely place to stay in Portugal.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel
- Pousada Do Infante Sagres
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel Sagres
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Sagres fort and the lighthouse of Cape St Vicent, Pousada do Infante enjoys a beautiful cliff-top location along the Atlantic Ocean. The sunbeds around the swimming pool offer breathtaking views of the coast. Sporty guests can enjoy a game of tennis on the tennis courts or go fishing. Guest rooms of the Pousada de Sagres include air conditioning, a work desk and safe. Each room has a modern bathroom with bathrobes for extra comfort. After a relaxing day, guests of the Pousada de Sagres can enjoy grilled lobster and typical Algarve almond pastries in the hotel’s restaurant. The Sagres fort is located a 5-minute drive away from the hotel. Lagos can be reached in a 30-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Escapio, HotelsClick, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Pousada de Sagres, Infante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.