Following a lovely stay here in Spring 2012, we were delighted to be coming back to this beautiful, welcoming and spectacularly located Pousada. Again, our welcome was first class, with the friendly and efficient Reception and Restaurant staff doing their utmost to make you feel at home in the wonderful surroundings.
You could pay much, much more, and never get a view like this. Set on a promontory a couple of hundred yards or so from the little village of Sagres, this must be one of the world's greatest views. The end of the world as it was once known is so spectacular, and best viewed from your sea view bedroom in this lovely hotel.
The rooms are surprisingly light and modern, but spotlessly clean, and beautifully maintained by courteous and smiling housekeepers. Our suite was wonderful, but any of the rooms as long as they face the sea are just great. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are charming, friendly and always smiling. They take a pride in this lovely hotel, and it shows.
There are few nicer things to do in an evening than watch the spectacular sunsets over to the west, sipping cocktails with the sea rolling in before you. And even in bad weather, it is just as spectacular. The lounges are calm, comfortable and airy - just perfect to relax.
Breakfast is reliable, with a wide range of cold and some hot dishes. It is here you soon realise you are not the only returnees here - the pousada has, and deserves an ever growing band of regular clients. We are happy to join them, and will be back as soon as possible.
Thank you to all the staff at the Pousada Infante de Sagres. Keep our room safe for us - we will be back. Just the most lovely place to stay in Portugal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a Fortress with a breath-taking view The Pousada de Sagres is part of a scenario with flavours of the sea and with great historical importance. Designed by architect Jose Segurado and opened in 1960, in the commemorations of the fifth centenary of the death of Prince D. Henrique. From here, one can see the Fortress of Sagres, from where the Portuguese caravels departed for the Discoveries. Cape St. Vicente, named Sacrum Promontorium, is one of the most south-western parts of Europe, and fishing port. Overall, Algarve signifies soft sandy beaches with turquoise blue sea, green pine forests, flowers amongst the dunes, heat and a climate for passion, whether it is in the intense summer or the tranquil winter. But Algarve is more than just that. It's in this different Algarve where you can find the small fishing town known as the Vila do Bispo (Bishop's Town) and were lies Sagres in the south of Algarve. In entering the Sagres region you absorb a mystic atmosphere surrounded by an unspoilt landscape where the sea and the mountains meet to form an unusual natural heritage. The Pousada has 51 rooms that are ideal for an invigorating rest which include air conditioning, a desk and a safe. Outside there is a magnificent pool with sun loungers around it offering a stunning view of the coast. The more active guests can go fishing, Walking or do some surfing. After a relaxing day the guests of the Pousada de Sagres, Infante, can enjoy the Pousada's restaurant, which offers its guests the best cuisine of Algarve based on the sea and the freshness of its ingredients. The Fortress of Sagres is located 5 minutes by car from the hotel and the city of Lagos can be reached within 30 minutes. Experiencing the Pousada de Sagres is a starting point to go and discover the cultural authenticity of this region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Escapio, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pousada de Sagres, Infante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Infante Sagres
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel Sagres