Overlooking a windswept cliff, this pousada is located at what was once called 'the end of the world'--one can see why, as the ocean does seem to drop off at the end of the horizon. Make sure you request a room with a sea view (for an additional cost, but well worth it). Waking up to the view every morning, seeing the sun set, and looking up at the stars at night were among the highlights of our stay. The pousada itself is clean and comfortable, but not particularly deluxe--it's the view and location that make it memorable and worth the stay. Breakfast was the usual selection for pousadas--plenty of fruit, pastries, cheese, meat, eggs, bacon, etc. We ate dinner at the restaurant twice--the first night the dory was great, but when I ordered it again our last night it was a disappointment. The beach is a 10-15 minute walk--a sandy stretch carved out between 2 enormous cliffs, quiet and not crowded during our visit. Sagres is a beautiful place, peaceful and restful, a nice respite from the tourist resorts along the Algarve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a Fortress with a breath-taking view The Pousada de Sagres is part of a scenario with flavours of the sea and with great historical importance. Designed by architect Jose Segurado and opened in 1960, in the commemorations of the fifth centenary of the death of Prince D. Henrique. From here, one can see the Fortress of Sagres, from where the Portuguese caravels departed for the Discoveries. Cape St. Vicente, named Sacrum Promontorium, is one of the most south-western parts of Europe, and fishing port. Overall, Algarve signifies soft sandy beaches with turquoise blue sea, green pine forests, flowers amongst the dunes, heat and a climate for passion, whether it is in the intense summer or the tranquil winter. But Algarve is more than just that. It's in this different Algarve where you can find the small fishing town known as the Vila do Bispo (Bishop's Town) and were lies Sagres in the south of Algarve. In entering the Sagres region you absorb a mystic atmosphere surrounded by an unspoilt landscape where the sea and the mountains meet to form an unusual natural heritage. The Pousada has 51 rooms that are ideal for an invigorating rest which include air conditioning, a desk and a safe. Outside there is a magnificent pool with sun loungers around it offering a stunning view of the coast. The more active guests can go fishing, Walking or do some surfing. After a relaxing day the guests of the Pousada de Sagres, Infante, can enjoy the Pousada's restaurant, which offers its guests the best cuisine of Algarve based on the sea and the freshness of its ingredients. The Fortress of Sagres is located 5 minutes by car from the hotel and the city of Lagos can be reached within 30 minutes. Experiencing the Pousada de Sagres is a starting point to go and discover the cultural authenticity of this region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, HotelsClick, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Pousada de Sagres, Infante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Do Infante Sagres
- Pousada Do Infante Hotel Sagres