Just returned from a fantastic week staying at Villa (7)38 in Martinhal. We had been down to Sagres before Martinhal was developed and loved the place - the West of Ireland with heat and we had always planned to go back to Martinhal which was just being developed at the time. Firstly, the Villa was a privately owned villa that can be booked through the hotel and entitles you to all the facilities of the hotel. It was in a prime location just overlooking the beach but with a sheltered deck area which means that you were not exposed to the winds that most reviewers mention but which were surprisingly absent during our stay. I am loath to mention it as it may drive up the price for when we return next year. During our week at the end of June, it was clear that most of the guests were parents of pre-schoolers and the resort is made for this demographic. The kids clubs, the kids and baby meals in the restaurants, the pools and play areas, etc are all hugely suited to younger kids and their parents. In all restaurants, a table with a baby chair in situ is the default setting. Where does this leave empty nesters or those with older kids? Stll in a very nice place. Going back to the West of Ireland analogy, Sagres is a magical place which does not have the "packaged" feeling of other Algarve resorts. The beaches are fantastic and the Watersports offering at Martinhal is first class for the older ones as is the body surfing (tip - don't be tempted to paddle with your sunglasses on as their are big waves lurking). There is no real heart to the town of Sagres but with Tripadvisor as your friend, it will be possible to find some first class restaurants - we loved Mums and trips to Cape Vincent are worthwhile. The beautiful town of Lago is about 20 minutes away, golf at Parque de Floresta is about 10 minutes away and Slide and Splash is about 45 minutes away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, seekda GmbH, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres