we are just back from a week in martinhal, our second visit. We stayed in an ocean view house which was beautifully decorated and clean and well equipped. We were with our 2 and 4 year old daughters and they loved every minute of it and were never bored with all that was on offer for them. My only gripe is that the food in the restaurants, particularly the Italian in the square, was NOT good and overpriced. I would nearly go as far as to say it didnt seem that the food was cooked fresh on site...there was something distinctly manufactured about it...I could be wrong but it certainly was not up to scratch. Service, while friendly, was not good..staff seemed very in experienced and overwhelmed at times. we went into Sagres and ate in Mums and Villa Velha a few times and the food was excellent and far better value for money. we also had our lunch most days down at the beach restaurants. they are quiet and simple but food and service was far better. Also, i was shocked at the price of the sunbeds on the beach..agree with other reviewers it is not normal for a 5 star hotel to charge. I also agree that the village shop is overpriced. We will go back but will go to other beaches and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Splendia, Escapio, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres