Just returned from Martinhal today and was very sad to leave.
I went with my 2.5 year old daughter and husband and what a wonderful hotel. I did plenty of research online and this one came up trumps, why aren't there more hotels like this .
We were lucky enough to stay in the ocean bay house which I must say was fab. As we paid half board, there was a breakfast hamper waiting in our house. That included milk, a loaf of bread, butter, orange juice and cornflakes. There is a dishwasher and washing machine. You don't need to bring any tablets for the dishwasher as they do give you a tablet a day as well as washing up liquid. I did bring washing tablets to wash my clothes though as it was great to not bring as many clothes.
My daughter was entertained the moment she got there so no need to bring toys apart from books. Everywhere we went,there was something for her.
All three restaurants were great as they had play areas in each restaurant. I preferred the terrace restaurant as there was a lovely lady called Daniela there who looked after my daughter whilst we ate. Great to have as my daughter is not one to stay still.
A suggestion to the hotel would be to use children's plates and cutlery for the children's meals, I did have to ask for the plates numerous times and sadly no children's cutlery.
A little windy for me and the indoor pool was quite cold so my daughter couldn't use that.
I would suggest gong half board as not much outside the hotel really. The only downside is you had to pay for drinks.
Overall a great holiday with great staff which suited us and wasn't at all stressful. Hope to return next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Escapio, Tingo, MrandMrsSmith, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres