Our extended family always gets together for a week somewhere in Europe during the summer for the last 10 years. This time we chose this unique and picturesque location of the portuguese Algarve coast.
We were a large group (14 rooms in total) and the hotel was very organized and accommodating when it comes to the reservations. They asked us for a 50% deposit upon reservation and then the full amount one month before arrival, which I did not found unreasonable for a large group like ours.
At our arrival, the reception personnel was very attentive and showed us to our room; we got beach rooms facing the Atlantic with a nice lawn in front of the terrace. The setting is spectacular and the premisses very well maintained.
The staff is generally very young but very attentive and go out of the way to make your stay a great experience.
There are three restaurants in the resort which provides for a lot of options every night; reservations are necessary.
Activities include, tennis, paddle and water sports including windsurf and kayaking. The weather is a little chilly (even in August) and windy. The beach is 3 minutes from the hotel and it is magnificent; don't dare to get in the water though since it is very cold.
The hotel arranged for us a charter boat for us to spend the day sailing to St Vincent Cape nearby. It is a beautiful coast and we left from the near harbour of Sagres. There are a lot of things to do around the resort if you have transportation.
This resort is perfect for families with small kids since there are a lot of activities for the little ones all throughout the day. It is also great for racquet sports.
The only thing we missed was a good lounge or night bar where we could have a drink after dinner night. It was pretty quiet after the restaurants closed which was a little bit of a disappointment.
We are thinking about coming back to Martinhal again since everyone enjoyed the whole experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Escapio, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres