“Excellent, fish lovers will enjoy this!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 50 Restaurants in Sagres
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent, fish lovers will enjoy this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have had the opportunity to visit the Martinhal area twice during the last 14 months. I really love the area but I must say I love this restaurant. Firstly and very importantly the staff are very friendly and they make your experience enjoyable. The location is great for people coming off the beach for a cool drink but also brilliant for lunch or for dinner. I love fresh fish and I was not dissapointed. You ask the waiter for the fish of the day and a big tray comes out with the days catch for you to choose, usually bream, seabass, tuna, mullet. There is also a wide selection of shellfish also. I had dinner most nights at Nortada and I really enjoyed it and relaxed there. It really is a lovely experience to have dinner or even a drink at night time looking at the lights of boats coming in to the nearby harbour. A great place that I would recommend to everybody.

• Visited September 2012

Dallas, TX
“Great local beach restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We ate at Nortada twice during our stay at Martinhal resort last week. It came reccomended to us by the staff at martinhal.

I had the Pichanha after having a lot of seafood during our stay and it did not dissapoint! Just as good as some of the brazilian steakhouses here in the states. My wife had the fried shimp and it was by far her favorite meal of our trip.

The atmosphere was great. We sat on the patio both nights and enjoyed the nice cool breeze off the ocean. Was a great break from the Texas heat!

The staff was very friendly and the services was wonderful.

Can't reccomend this place more!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tuna steak - Food poisoning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Both my girlfriend and I had the tuna steak and about an hour after eating there, we started feeling the ill effects of it. Don't know whether this is just bad luck for them but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Excellent restaurant and stunning setting. Kids can race around in the dunes whilst waiting for dinner. There are two beach restaurants and this is by far the better of the two. Very fresh seafood. Warm and relaxed service. Good variety on the menu as well for parents as well as children.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Great location for Martinhal hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We came here many times during our 2 week stay, partly as the prices and service at the Martinhal were not great, and partly as the kids absolutely loved playing on the sand dune outside the restaurant with all of the other kids dining in the restaurant each evening. The staff were extremely friendly and the food was very good.

• Visited August 2012