“A great day in the country” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 59 Activities in Lagos
Saint Charles, Missouri
“A great day in the country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

On a 50th birthday party trip through Portugal last month, we spent a wonderful day with Frances and Milton and crew. Milton picked us up from our B & B, took us to a fresh seafood market, chose our seafood for our class, and drove us up into the hills to a charming organic farm. We cooked, ate, drank wine, and learned about Portugal. Our favorites were the pumpkin and ginger jam with cheese, the potato bread, and the Bacalhau com natas (fish and potato casserole). Frances shared her recipes and we are making the jam right now.

Visited October 2013

Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“This is a MUST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have visited Frances twice , whilst my daughters went riding. Such a great experience. I would say I am a good cook but its is alwaus good to try new ideas's and different ways of preparing food. Exploring the garden to see what is growing fresh, pick then cook. I cannot fault the whole set up both cookery and horses, plus the animal extra's, if you like digs that is and we do. Thank you for such a lovely time. From those in Scarborough

Visited August 2012

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Aljezur, Portugal
“A great Day Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The weather has been a bit rubbish this easter, so what to do? My Mum and I found the country Cooking School on Trip Advisor. It was great! We were taken to a local market and shown how to choose the best fish and produce. We learned how to make different types of bread and bake it in a traditional old brick oven. The best bit was trying them all, what a feast! I have never been confident in cooking fish, but will definitely be putting all the things I have learnt from Fran to good use! I would definitely recommend this workshop, we both learnt a lot, and the setting was idyllic.

Visited March 2013