“A must visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cork, Ireland
“A must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Was in this restaurant 30 years ago when travelling Europe as our one big treat. It was amazing then it is amazing now!! The lamb in red wine is just Devine!! The waiters are friendly, professional and know exactly what they are at. Talented buskers entertained us with a few jazz numbers like we were part of a movie while we dined alfresco on the cobble stone street with the gas lamps making sure we were oh so comfortable! Caravela - miss it at your peril!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Galway, Ireland
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a very enjoyable meal here. Swordfish was delicious and the fillet steak very good. Had the banana split for dessert and it was lovely and big enough for two people. Bill was very reasonable and waiters pleasant. Nice seating area outside to watch the world go by. Recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warrenpoint
“Enjoyable evening but mixed impressions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had a meal here last night and after reading other people's comments I must say i found the service to be fine. However, the four of us had different impressions of the food. My husband ordered the piri-piri chicken and found it dry (although we have nothing to compare it to as it was the first time we ordered this local speciality, but when i saw it i was glad i didn't request it!) it is obviously the way the meat is butchered here, but it consisted of just leg and a wing which wasn't really a lot of eating. The kids ordered a pizza between them because they often end up leaving a lot if they have one each, but they said they could definitely eat one each here as it was very thin (thinest pizza ever!) however, they did say it was tasty. I ordered the Algarvian-style tuna which was served with a side salad and steamed new potatoes and loved it. At first I thought it was very salty (although i would add that i don't add salt to my food at all) but then decided it might be lemony, which made it tastier somehow!

What they did do very well was crepes - my son had lemon, sugar and cream and my daughter had chocolate, cream and vanilla ice cream (which I had to help her with! ) these were generous portions and delicious.

So all in all, it was a very enjoyable evening because we spent a while there people watching and chilling over our wine, but the food was kind of average.

Cost = 52 euro for 2 mains, a pizza, chip, 2 crepes, bottle of house wine and two soft drinks

• 3 of 5 stars Food
England
“SUPERB FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

During 10 nights in Lagos we ate at Caravela 3 times. The seabass was delicious and the garlic bread with cheese as a starter was yummy. Great staff,and great location for people watching!

Visited June 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Our favourite restaurant in Lagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went to this restaurant 4 times whilst on holiday recently in Lagos, once for lunch and three times for dinner. Everything we tried was excellent and I just can't understand the negative reviews on here.

The restaurant is perfectly situated on the main street meaning that you can watch the world go by while you eat/drink. The prices are also very reasonable. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful and we never felt rushed even though the restaurant was always busy.

We tried the piri piri chicken, ham on the bone, a couple of the pizzas, one of the crepes for desert (lemon and sugar) and the chocolate tart. All of which were amazing. I don't usually like chicken on the bone but I had it twice because it was so well cooked & tender.

I think the menu is very good and offers a wide variety of food even for the fussier eater like myself.

I can't find fault at all with this restaurant. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013